This Text Expander Autotext App puts an end to tedious touch-typing:
● Organize & access frequently used text from a handy snippet menu.
● Expand autotext abbreviations into longer phrases.
● Sync snippets with other iOS devices or computers.
THE PHRASEEXPRESS ADVANTAGE
The unique phrase menu saves you from memorizing autotext abbreviations:
● Access over 600 phrases with just five taps!
● Descriptive menus instead cryptic shortcuts
● No more autotext cheat-sheets
● Fat-finger compatible large menus
CUSTOM KEYBOARD FEATURES
● Swipe-up keys for upper case letters
● Swipe down keys for numbers or symbols
● Dedicated phrase menu for instant access
● Smart bar with auto-complete suggestions
The Freeware App version is free for personal use, limited to 10 phrases and excludes features of the Standard/Pro/Enterprise Edition, that can be obtained with an "InApp" purchase:
● Save more than 10 phrases/folders
● Professional use allowed
● Statistics can be disabled
The Pro Edition additionally supports macro functions:
● Fill-ins and input forms (without grid/dynamic forms)
● Custom time/date stamps
● Date/math calculations
● Nest & link phrases
● Multiple choice phrases
● Conditional phrases, random text variation
● Clipboard operations, counters and variables
● Phrase customization with user input
The ENTERPRISE Edition additionally supports following macro functions:
● Grid form input
● Dynamic form inputs
● Support for "DeepL" language translation paid service
Please test all(!) features in the free edition before making a purchase, which enables you you to make a confident and risk-free purchase decision. Paid features can be used in the freeware as well (with license notifications).
● The PhraseExpress App does not support external hardware keyboards.
● Macros can be used with the App but they must be created/edited on a Mac or Windows computer. The App is not designed to create/edit macros and it would be tedious trying to do that.
● The PhraseExpress iOS App does not support bitmaps in the text.
● The App purchase does not include a Mac/Windows version.
iOS 14 Compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but buggy
I have been using this to help with charting on medical cases. Checkboxes and forms are great but when I try and edit within the app on my iPad it crashes every time. I end up editing on google docs and then creating new text macro.
Developer Response ,
It would be great, if you would report any issue to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you. // Update: Unfortunately, the user never contacted us. We would have loved to assist.
Much inferior to desktop version
I really like the desktop version but the iPhone/iPad version is close to useless (and I did upgrade to Pro). My main issues. No autocorrect like you see in the apple keyboard. According to the manual autocorrect is accomplished through autotext entries but I don’t see how. Do I need to enter every possible wrongly spelled word??? There doesn’t seem to be an option to automagically add misspelled words to an autotext “dictionary”. Second, the keys on the keyboard are significantly different in size from the Apple keyboard. I’ve really tried but I keep hitting the wrong characters which combined with the lack of autocorrect makes quick writing impossible. Third, no real two way sync with desktop. Seems like Windows can read the iOS phrases via iCloud but not the other way around. That’s just not reasonable. It may well be that some of these issues are limitations in iOS but be that as it may it makes this app not meet my expectations by a long shot.
Developer Response ,
Please read the manual at http://iosman.phraseexpress.com which contains many step-by-step instructions and video tutorials to learn how to get the most out of the app. The mobile app is not advertised as being the same as the desktop version. This is partly due to restrictions in iOS, limiting the possibilities what can be included. Please judge the app by its advertised features.
The Let Down
PhraseExpress is very disappointing. With such little the in the market for an app that does spell check, grammar check, and rephrase some sentences this app had a real shot.
I would bear a question been more than happy to give this app 5 stars, but sadly it had to just not live up to a 5 star ranking. See I went and spent a lot of time inputting the information so it would be ready for me to use at a moments notice. Come to find out when I turn on the app all my information white, clean not exactly efficient and not worth five stars.
Hope the team are PhraseExpress can fix this as you have a stab at being a standout app.
Developer Response ,
Could you please illustrate, what actual issue you experienced? Please contact our tech support at email@example.com // Update: Unfortunately, we never heard back from this user.
- Bartels Media GmbH
- 9.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Bartels Media GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- PhraseExpress Pro Edition $24.99
- PhraseExpress Standard Edition $4.99
- Upgrade from Standard to Pro Edition $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.