Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP, SSH and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
NEW IN TEXTASTIC 8:
• Improved Files app integration
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Custom fonts
• SSH terminal settings
• Support for ECDSA and Ed25519 SSH keys
• Print source code
• New File Lists With Support For Drag and Drop
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Emmet support
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• iCloud Drive
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Full iPad Pro and iPhone X support
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox or Google Drive
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
Support for iOS 13 and iPadOS:
• New "Add External Folder…" command that shows the new iOS 13 folder picker.
• Supports the new iOS 13 multi-selection gesture for selecting multiple files and folders by swiping down files lists with two fingers.
• Uses the new card-style modal dialogs and supports dragging down to dismiss them.
• You can now drag the code editor's scroll bar on iOS 13 to quickly jump to certain locations in the file.
• Various other improvements for iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
The Big T application FANTASTIC
LOVE IT! I am an old mainframe guy, and most of my career I used Xedit. I want to say Kedit was
For DOS or Command Line but no GUI. So basically PC based, maybe AIX or Red Hat. Just not sure. My point is Xedit and Kedit were soraly missed. GUI is OK but the dev. For Windows, AIX, or day Redhat stuck to what they knew. Sad.
Your T-Rex editor name (I like that better than Textastic name. The other does not sing). I was using NOTES+++ for a while, rich with function, but not intuitive. It would take an investment on time to fully understand. Plus, I really never trusted it. Nothing is Free. How to the get $$.
T-isfortext or T-Rex are better names. To the point. I LIKE IT! It’s simple, intuitive, lite-weight, offers numerous function. It’s the closest to a green screen than you can get.
The other editor I have is TextEdit and it looks to be very nice. But there is a learning curve and I just cannot spare the time right now. I will sit down with it sooner or later.
Wish list. If you could purchase Kedit, not sure it’s avail, and integrate if making it available again would be great.
(1) you have a really good product with T-Rex (Textastic) do whatever you can to keep quality HIGH.
(2) Please Stay far away from subscription base charge back. Do not! Stay away! If you need funds to maintain or grow application, get with me and I’ll propose a model that will do just that.
I do all my web development in this app
One of my favorite tools
In the past several decades I’ve used a wide variety of text editors on all sorts of platforms. Textastic is one of the best I’ve ever used. It works well on all of my devices; it gets used for everything from writing scripts and configuration files to taking down notes.
I’m also visually-impaired, and the ability to customize the interface to make it easier to use is extremely helpful. VoiceOver support is fairly solid, and overall it’ easy to navigate the UI.
The developers have done a good job and as a result Textastic is well worth the money.
- Alexander Blach
- 29.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010-2019 Alexander Blach
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.