Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP, SSH and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Emmet support
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• iCloud Drive
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Multiple Windows on iPadOS
• Support for Dark Mode
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• Find in multiple files
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander snippet expansion
• Custom fonts
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox or Google Drive
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
Find in Files - You can now search for text or regular expressions in all files of a folder and its subfolders:
Tap the search field above a file listing and change the search mode from "Filename" to "Content". In the search settings, you can choose to search for text or a regular expression. You can also set whether the search should be case sensitive, diacritic sensitive, and whether to search for whole words only.
Start the search by pressing the Return key after entering the search term.
Searching multiple files works in Local Files, iCloud and external folders (such as other folders in iCloud Drive or Git repositories in Working Copy).
- Added keyboard shortcuts for Find Next (Cmd-G), Find Previous (Cmd-Shift-G) and Find and Replace (Cmd-Option-F).
- Improved search settings UI.
- Search results in the code editor now have a more modern style.
- Updated the manual.
Ratings and Reviews
The Big T application FANTASTIC
LOVE IT! I am an old mainframe guy, and most of my career I used Xedit. I want to say Kedit was
For DOS or Command Line but no GUI. So basically PC based, maybe AIX or Red Hat. Just not sure. My point is Xedit and Kedit were soraly missed. GUI is OK but the dev. For Windows, AIX, or day Redhat stuck to what they knew. Sad.
Your T-Rex editor name (I like that better than Textastic name. The other does not sing). I was using NOTES+++ for a while, rich with function, but not intuitive. It would take an investment on time to fully understand. Plus, I really never trusted it. Nothing is Free. How to the get $$.
T-isfortext or T-Rex are better names. To the point. I LIKE IT! It’s simple, intuitive, lite-weight, offers numerous function. It’s the closest to a green screen than you can get.
The other editor I have is TextEdit and it looks to be very nice. But there is a learning curve and I just cannot spare the time right now. I will sit down with it sooner or later.
Wish list. If you could purchase Kedit, not sure it’s avail, and integrate if making it available again would be great.
(1) you have a really good product with T-Rex (Textastic) do whatever you can to keep quality HIGH.
(2) Please Stay far away from subscription base charge back. Do not! Stay away! If you need funds to maintain or grow application, get with me and I’ll propose a model that will do just that.
I do all my web development in this app
I like it
It's a little bit confusing and I think there can be more done with the UI. I do like it though and especially on the iPad. I have yet to hook up a keyboard and I would bet that it really would shine. I am still trying to get it working with Working Copy and once I do I think both will make each other great and my stars will top out. It's mostly for the UI which like I said could be much better but then an app like this is really all about functionality. I think he would get way more downloads if it was pretty. Like most editors are these days.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Blach
- 22.8 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2022 Alexander Blach
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.