DON'T BUY THIS VERSION - Please look for "Textastic Code Editor 9" instead. This legacy version is only temporarily available on the App Store for compatibility reasons.
Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
It's the perfect app to view and edit your website and source code files at home, in the office or on the road.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV and Dropbox clients
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full keyboard dock and bluetooth keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Undo & Redo
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers or Dropbox
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixed: "Replace All" didn't work sometimes
If you like Textastic, it would be amazing if you could leave a positive rating or review on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
So much fun.
I’ve been wanting an app like this for iPad for years, and just discovered this last night. Finally, a tablet app I can markup and style with at my fingertips. Should you be wondering, it lets you build folders within the app when storing files — as you would a site — and like others, upload those biles using Dropbox, if you have that installed.
Works beautifully with a stylus.
Best $7.99 I’ve ever spent!
BEST. APP. EVER!!
This app does exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to simply edit my HTML files, and upload them directly to the FTP server. It was easy to set up, connect, and get going!! So awesome to be able to remotely edit a clients website from wherever I am using my iPad Pro. This app is worth 10X what we pay for it, if you've got doubts, leave them behind and buy this app!
The designers of this app left no thought undone. The workflow of this app is so intuitive and practical I was totally productive in less than one day. The design is eloquently simple and extremely powerful at the same time. I never thought I would ever prefer the iPad over the desktop for non-wysiwyg development, but I do! Thank you so much!
The developer, Alexander Blach, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Alexander Blach
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010-2015 Alexander Blach
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.