Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Open files in tabs
• Open folders in a sidebar
• Find in files
• Print files
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
• Full support for Dark Mode
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
Textastic 5.0 adds full support for macOS Big Sur with a refreshed user interface and an updated app icon. This release is a macOS Universal app, which can run natively on both Apple Silicon Macs and Intel-based Macs.
• macOS Big Sur: fully updated for compatibility with the latest version of macOS.
• Universal app: runs natively on both Apple Silicon Macs and Intel-based Macs.
• Fixed "Open In…" performance problems on Macs with many CPU cores (e.g. Mac Pro).
• Improved declaration of supported file types so that it works better with other installed apps that can open the same kinds of files.
• Other minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Only issues are the lines on the editor look a little out of plac on the Mac. The lines on the side don't use tones of color like this review box does, it doesn't have a harsh outline.
And why... why... is the tab view open, when there is only one tab, and no way to make more? Just make it without tabs until more things are opened. That last one kind of odd... out of place again on macOS.
Otherwise, I think it's a pretty solid app and good value,.
Does not break your Default App Extension settings (Updated)
As others have noted, Textastic appears to override your macOS default app settings for some files, i.e., GetInfo and Always Open With options don’t seem to work. On macOS this occurs when the file is stored in the Textastic iCloud folder and is a macOS/iCloud instituted behavior, not something done by Textastic. Since this is not a Textastic issue and the app is otherwise excellent - no reason not to give this app five stars. Thank you to the developer Alexander for his support in very quickly identifying the concern.
Good but needs a compiler for multiple languages
I love textastic and what would make it so much better is if it had a complie feature like coderunner! Please make it happen :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Blach
- 5.4 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Alexander Blach
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.