Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Open files in tabs
• Open folders in a sidebar
• Find in files
• Print files
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
• Full support for Dark Mode
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
• Sometimes previously closed files were mistakenly reopened on application launch.
• Textastic could crash if an emoji was used in a Markdown header and the symbol list was generated.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not break your Default App Extension settings (Updated)
As others have noted, Textastic appears to override your macOS default app settings for some files, i.e., GetInfo and Always Open With options don’t seem to work. On macOS this occurs when the file is stored in the Textastic iCloud folder and is a macOS/iCloud instituted behavior, not something done by Textastic. Since this is not a Textastic issue and the app is otherwise excellent - no reason not to give this app five stars. Thank you to the developer Alexander for his support in very quickly identifying the concern.
I love it
I need nothing more. I don't have so much complicated needs just an editor with syntax highlighting to keep my codes as in snippets manger. I'm still testing so my only thing for now is that CSS codes are collapsed/exanpded for groups
Great load time
Handles large files
Probably my goto when my laptop is lagging and I have to open some massive log files
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.