Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “firstname.lastname@example.org.” You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date; even yesterday’s date
- Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
- Fixes keyboard sizing on iPhone XS Max
- Resolves crashing bug primarily affecting iPads
Ratings and Reviews
Saves time and money
TextExpander on iOS allows me to run my practice from an iPhone and iPad. For example, when I drop a document in a mailbox to serve it on opposing counsel, I immediately pull out my iPhone to produce an affirmation of service. I print the affirmation at the FedEx next to the court, and I file the affirmation of service in court. (I use TE to produce the customized affirmation of service as I walk to the FedEx.)
I also use TE on iOS for transactional documents, such as lease riders and surrender agreements. For these, I use a Formatted Text snippet with single line fill-ins, optional sections, and popups. I generate these documents within minutes of their request, right from my iPhone or iPad.
I highly recommend this app, and my only wish is that it would get more updates to match the Mac version.
Hiding from reviews?
I left a one star review if this app because of the support experience. They were short, rude and rather obnoxious. They replied to my review and said they had no record of me contacting them. I forwarded them my original correspondence and they said they would give it “the attention it deserves”. Well about a week later I hear back from them and they basically said well even though it was you using the trial version of our mobile app that is causing you to fail the license check, we will not help resolve that issue for you, even though you are not using the professional features and have removed the trial mobile software from your phone.
To quote them,
We kindly ask for your understanding, that technical support is reserved for paying customers. If you opt not to pay for our work, we will NOT work for you.
Please use our software as-is or uninstall if you experience difficulties configuring it.
I guess my difficulty is the condescending tone of this response and the fact that their mobile app is what broke it and caused it to quit working to begin with. Don’t look to this company for help even if they are at fault.
4 stars but a short jump to 5
I think the real magic of TE happens when you use it cross-platform. For me, I’m a regular Mac, iPhone, and iPad Pro user. I love the functionality in drafts. Saves me HOURS!!
Here’s my issue. On iOS, the app performs spotty. I get a lot of crashes. I’ll open the app on the iPhone, tap a snippet and boom, it shuts down. Does this over and over. On the Mac - 6 stars! I have no problems! If the iOS app were less buggy, it’d easily be 5 stars!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.