Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “email@example.com.” You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date; even yesterday’s date
- Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
- Drag & Drop from search results on iPad
- Snippet Keys retain sort order in settings
- Complete fill-ins with Go button on keyboard
- Fixes launch in Slide Over view on iOS 13
- Other fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With one modification this will be a 5 star app
I’ve been using text expander for years. While I’m not thrilled about the monthly access fees, it’s not expensive so I find it worth the monthly charge. The ONLY thing I’m not thrilled about on the mobile app version is the inability for it to insert images into the snippets as well as the text. On the full laptop version for example, I have a details list of directions to my office, complete with pictures of every landmark. When I insert the snippet via phone or iPad it doesn’t transfer the graphics, only the text. When I insert the snippit on my signature card on my laptop it inserts the graphic with my company branding. On the mobile app version it doesn’t. I’m sure there’s a technical reason for it, but it today’s tech age, I’m sure there’s a technical solution to it as well. Once that happens, this mobile app will get 5 stars from me.
It doesn’t work.
IOS 13. This app on iPhone won’t let the keyboard close (?) so you can’t read the introduction or perform any other action. The modal window won’t dismiss and there’s no [x] provided. So I tried it on the iPad. I was able to close the keyboard but once again the modal window would not dismiss and no [x] provided. The only available option was “sign in” and I couldn’t, since that requires an account, one of the many things I couldn’t get to because the modal window wouldn’t dismiss. There’s also colored text in the intro screen that looked like links, but either were not, or were also non-functional. I would wait until they update this app for iOS 13. At time of writing this app was last updated 1m ago.
Awesome Desktop Experience, Not the Case on iOS
I’m a long time user of TextExpander. I have it on all my devices but I rarely use it on my iOS devices. For the iPhone my complaint is the keyboard. The buttons are either too small or too close together and I spend more time correcting errors. On the iPad I use a Bluetooth keyboard so using TextExpander is not an option. I hope these issues are being addressed in the future.
Awesome Desktop Experience, Not the Case on iOS.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.