Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “firstname.lastname@example.org.” You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date; even yesterday’s date
- Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
- Fix keyboard dimensions on 4th generation iPad Air
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Whining doesn’t constitute a review.
It’s difficult to decide if the benefits of something are worth the price to you when only price is mentioned. And whining doesn’t actually help anyone: neither the whiner nor their audience. Here’s an actual review.
TextExpander is an incredibly useful tool for making shortcuts for commonly typed text snippets. It makes it possible to save a lot of time and effort. iOS actually has a similar feature, but it’s really a nuisance to setup. It just isn’t designed to be used on this level, only for relatively few small text shortcuts (omw > On my way!)
But while TextExpander is indispensable for me on my Mac, the iOS experience is not great. Sure, being able to use extensive snippets I’ve setup on my Mac on my iPhone as well is really great, but for me it’s just not as useful on a mobile device. Part of that is the form factor and onscreen keyboard, but the custom keyboard that TextExpander offers is simply not very responsive, and it differs enough from the standard keyboard that there’s a learning curve. It works, but it doesn’t reach the high bar set by TextExpander on the Mac.
TextExpander, for me, is an integral part of my Mac workflow. TextExpander for iOS, however, pales in comparison, and is only useful to me as a conduit to accessing what I’ve already setup on my Mac. I wouldn’t want to use — or pay for — the iOS app on its own. And maybe that’s why they’re going the subscription route.
See many places to sign in but no place to start an account?
With one modification this will be a 5 star app
I’ve been using text expander for years. While I’m not thrilled about the monthly access fees, it’s not expensive so I find it worth the monthly charge. The ONLY thing I’m not thrilled about on the mobile app version is the inability for it to insert images into the snippets as well as the text. On the full laptop version for example, I have a details list of directions to my office, complete with pictures of every landmark. When I insert the snippet via phone or iPad it doesn’t transfer the graphics, only the text. When I insert the snippit on my signature card on my laptop it inserts the graphic with my company branding. On the mobile app version it doesn’t. I’m sure there’s a technical reason for it, but it today’s tech age, I’m sure there’s a technical solution to it as well. Once that happens, this mobile app will get 5 stars from me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.