Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “email@example.com.” You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date; even yesterday’s date
- Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
- Fix keyboard dimensions on 4th generation iPad Air
Ratings and Reviews
Wish it was better
My love for Text expander goes back a long time. There is so much you can do with the native Mac app. Unfortunately the iOS version is not great. Some of it has to do with the developer and some of it has to do with the restrictions in iOS. The other issue I have is the moving to the subscription model. I am moved away from TE and shortly after that switch and went with ATEXT on the Mac which works exactly the same and it is only a one time low cost fee. Update… the app has gotten even worse. With the switch to the new app it doesn’t recognize my snippets. I’ve paid the developer 2 twice for a stand alone purchase and for 1 year subscription (through stack social, which i was never able to get it active) Unfortunately there are too many blocks to use this program. I undertand you need to make money but the restrictions put on paying clients is too much. I love TextExpander but moving to Atext on the Mac :(
Keeps Crashing, not as good on iPad
Been a long time user. Works great on a Mac and even a PC. Edits sync well. There’s my two stars. The app is not nearly as user friendly on the iPad. A TE shortcut doesn’t work where you are typing like on a computer, you have to activate within the app then copy and paste or share to wherever you are trying to use the expanded text. It works but not as smoothly.
My complaint is that every time I try to edit an existing snippet, the iPad app crashes, making it basically worthless and unusable.
This is all on Smile’s dev team, now. I don’t mind paying for the subscription, but the keyboard has to deliver. Make this keyboard able to search through all the snippets like yoink does for its files. Make the keyboard respond like the ios keyboard, so I don’t have to type somslowly and accurately to get the words out on it compared to the ios stock keyboard. Give me the option to get rid of the Text Expander T button. Add support for iOS autocomplete. Give us snippets search in spotlight. Allow for mousing the cursor by holding down spqcebar. Whatever Apple won’t help with, tell us and we’ll fule bugs. I hate that I can’t turn off Apple’s snippet expansion by toggle. There’s a lot Smile could do tomfix this and make it work for the annual fee. They just aren’t developing it. How about a safari extension? How about Grammarly support? Maybe work with Xsearch. Work closer with Drafts App and fantastical to eliminate app updates for snippets.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- 16.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020 SmileOnMyMac, LLC