TextMusic is a quick-notate App based on Jianpu ( Numbered musical notation ), all musical sheet elements are composed of texts. It build-in 90 kinds of instrument, and support up to 32 voice parts.
Learn more about Numbered Musical Notation:
‣Rational designed keyboard for quick notation.
‣Build-in 90 Instruments sound
‣Exports MIDI, PNG, PDF, TXT, M4A
‣Support Multi-parts, Chords, Arpeggio Chords, Tuplets, Portamento,Tied note,Tied chord,Tremolo,Glissandi,Grace note,Flower note(Guzheng technique),Trill, Loops,Jumps..
‣Varying tempo, Varying Volume, Varying Instrument..
‣Automatic layout notes by inputing bar-line
‣Playback,Loop playback with selected range, Select, Copy, Cut, Paste, Undo
Please learn more from the file's "Settings" - "Help"
1. New file browser, support iCloud documents.
2. Improved Note Keyboard.
3. Support more screen size: iPhone Xs Max, 10.5 inch iPad, 11 inch iPad...
4. Added "Replace" function in long press menu. for quick replacing note name and tags.
5. New Glide Signs: Glide up "%", Glide down "&", Backward glide "$" "@" (eg: 1% &1 $1 @1)
6. New tags: "Tempo to", "Volume to", "Pan to" ,Change property gradually to a new value in a duration time.
eg: “tempo~120,4” Change tempo to 120 bpm in 4 beats gradually.
“vol~127,8“ Change channel volume to 127 in 8 beats gradually.
“pan~20,4“ Change channel pan to 20 in 4 beats gradually.
7. Double accent sign: ++ , volume large than single accent sign. eg: ++1
8. Support multi note signs before note, and the order of the signs is not required.
eg: *#+!!!5 and +#!!!*5 are both valid.
9. New "Flower" skill signs (Guzheng Skill): *1 means normal flower which is before the beat, **1 means flower on the higher octave, *0 means flower filling the reset note.
10. Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I like the idea, but not the execution
Let me start of by saying I love this app, it's great for composition when I'm bored, but there are somethings that just aren't as good as they can be.
1. Random crashes - the app just randomly crashes. Ok maybe it's not random... It happens when you exit the app (to the home screen) and open it up after a while. When you try to play the song no sound will play, and when you stop the song, the app will crash. Luckily the app auto saves everything you do, so it's just a minor inconvenience.
2. "Help" isn't very helpful - Help (when I say "help" I mean the manual in the settings) is missing a lot of things, it's also not very easy to access. I would like it if it was right next to the settings button for easy access. I would also like for more info to be added to help.
3. Annoying keyboard - the keyboard is really aggravating, important things like; sharps, and flats are off the side and require you to scroll to get to them.
3.5. The keyboard layout is confusing - The thing I would like the most for this app out of all the things is: Numbers with note letters under them, also, when changing the key signature I would like the letters to have the respective sings next to the note letters.
I never review apps but this one deserves to be noticed. It gives westerners a refreshing way to compose music. It is both minimal but deep. It is a really different feeling from using sequencers, piano rolls, etc for composing music, and is much less cumbersome than using western staff notation. It's a good fit for mobile phones keyboard.
I really just want to emphasize that this program is well made and focused on composing. The customized input keyboard is a nice touch.
Copy and Paste
Would love to see an update to this app with additional features added to the keyboard as well as the Ukellee added to the instruments.
Why am I not able to copy sections and paste them elsewhere?
Also would nice to be able to highlight a section and just play that section. OR the ability to comment out portions temporarily.
- Supertintin Co., Ltd
- 153.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Supertintin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.