TextShooter is an easy-to-use desktop Mac OCR app that can extract and recognize any non-searchable and non-editable text on your Mac's screen.
TextShooter is an easy-to-use desktop Mac OCR app that can extract and recognize any non-searchable and non-editable text on your Mac's screen. As an extra feature, it can turn OCR text into speech. It is a super convenient alternative to complicated optical character recognition tools.
No training or special skills required, fits perfectly home and business mac users. Easily accessible from the menu bar whenever you need it and has a simple user interface.
If you ever have used a built-in mac's screen capture application before, then it wouldn't be any trouble to work with TextShooter too. Select with a mouse any part of an image, photo, PDF document, or anything on your screen, and the app will process and recognize any text within this selection. The text output will be saved into a clipboard, so you could paste it into your favorite macOS text editing or note-taking software.
Finally, the app's optical character recognition engine doesn't need an internet connection to process documents. Great OCR solution for those who are concerned about privacy. The application does not collect any users' data.
• Convert different image formats to text (JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc...).
• Pull text from a non-searchable PDF file without a need to process the whole document.
• Read text from images, PDF documents, photos, Zoom meetings, or any other sources.
• Copy text even when it is uncopiable like in ebooks or web articles.
• Quickly extract emails, links, phone numbers, etc.
• Grab text or turn it into speech in video games.
• Read QR or barcodes.
• Quickly generate alt text from the screenshot for tweets.
• On-device OCR technology. No internet connection is needed.
• Instant text recognition. No need to upload files into the application. OCR document or file on the fly.
• High accuracy and performance processing any documents.
• Recognizes even tiny text on images with low quality or dense background.
• Supports optical character recognition in multiple languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
• Running macOS Catalina: English language only supported.
• Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ozan AYAZ
- 5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © SunShine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.