Textwell is a multipurpose textbox which can be used for any writing tasks such as jotting, messaging, blogging, searching, posting, and so on.
Textwell is like a single sheet of paper, but it automatically saves current content by appropriate timing as history, so that you can search and take it back some time later.
Also, current content is automatically synced with other devices (including iPhone or iPad) via iCloud. Besides, you can snapshot current content anytime, and they are stored and shared via iCloud.
Textwell allows you to
- Simply write and read on a plain text field without any functional complexity or visual clutter.
- Modify your text by using actions such as searching/replacing words, inserting specific characters, reordering paragraphs/lines, time-stamping, location-stamping, changing cases, adding bullets, URL-encoding/decoding, escaping/unescaping HTML, making shorten URLs, and so on.
- Preview HTML, markdown, and blog writing by also using actions.
- Search and restore old text from the automatic history.
- Share current text with other devices (including iPhone or iPad) automatically via iCloud.
- Snapshot current content as a special history item which is called "Snap," and they will be shared via iCloud to share with other devices (including iPhone or iPad).
- Check counters for characters, words, and lines.
- Handoff to share content with iOS devices.
- Provides Today widget to preview Textwell content in Notification Center.
- Provides a share extension that can be used in other apps to append some text to Textwell without switching apps.
- Change fonts, colors, line spaces, and some behaviors as preferences.
Follow @textwell on Twitter to keep in touch.
• Optimized for macOS Mojave and its Dark Mode.
• Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.