The comprehensive resource of thai-language.com is now available for learners of the Thai language as an app, providing instantaneous and offline access to over 72,000 high-quality Thai-English dictionary entries.
• Learn English definitions for Thai words and phrases.
• Access dictionary content currently not available in any other iOS app, all hand-crafted with learners of the Thai language in mind.
• Search using either English, ภาษาไทย (Thai) or romanized spellings (like "sawasdee" and "sawat dee").
• Get word pronunciations with any of the built-in transliteration and romanization methods.
• Learn new vocabulary by browsing categories.
• Understand how phrasal expression are composed.
• See antonyms, synonyms and alternative spellings.
• Swipe sideways to flip through the different senses of ambiguous Thai words.
• Find example uses and sentences.
• Listen to audio pronunciation (automatic text-to-speech).
• Choose to view Thai entries using traditional or modern typefaces.
Have the app automatically transliterate Thai script according to your preferences. Built-in methods include:
• kâo-něeo (Bua Luang)
• kâao nǐao (Paiboon by Benjawan P. Becker)
• khao niao (Royal Thai General System)
• ค่าว-เหฺนียว (Phonemic Thai)
• IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet)
This long overdue update adds proper support for iPhone X, XR and XS, allowing the app to fill the entire screen on these devices.
Additionally, the update contains 3 years' worth of dictionary corrections, additions and refinements from the Thai-language.com editor David and other contributors.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Thai Dictionary
This s far and away the best dictionary for Thai. It works offline, gives great example sentences, and has a transcription search feature to help find words you can say but aren't sure how to spell. If anyone reading this also studies Mandarin, this is the Pleco of Thai dictionaries. No ads and a flea dedication to the language. I would pay for add one if the developer creates them.
Used for over a year now
I have the other Paiboon app, and this app has more translations and extremely helpful example sentences. I have been using this app for over a year now and was the critical factor for my fluency in Thai. Freaking hard work was put into this bad boy right here and it's more helpful that any other app for Thai, hands down.
Excellent - best resource
This app is the comprehensive in terms of vocabulary, words come with examples of use, you can choose transcription type and also integrate with other apps. Attention is given to all senses of a word. This and several other features makes it the best thai - english dictionary I have used.
- Christian Rishøj
- 33.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014–2019 Christian Rishøj and thai-language.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.