Everything you never wanted to know about bug splats on your automobile! Based on the Ig Nobel prize-winning book of the same name, this app is an entertaining way to learn about entomology and identify the unfortunate organisms that end up on your windshield.
- Sort splats by characteristics like size, shape, and color and discover what insect they came from
- View detailed illustrations of each insect and splat
- Learn about the life cycle, taxonomy, distribution, and natural history of each insect
- Educational text including experiments to perform at home
- Learn the basics of insect collection
- Test your knowledge with an interactive matching game
- Test your reflexes as you avoid insects in a fast-paced game (and learn fun facts about the insects you do hit)
- Learn how to protect insects in your local area
(Brake icon by Gan Khoon Lay from the Noun Project)
- Added a new game! Tilt your device to avoid insects while collecting power-ups.
- Squashed some more software bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderfully non-traditional insect identification
A fascinating look into the world that is your windshield. This app is a refreshed version of an older book and was extremely well executed. Easy to use and navigate. Great pictures and information about each and every [unfortunate] insect to go splat, thwack, or thump as you drive. Have you ever wanted to forever one-up your know-it-all naturalist friends? Then this is the ID guide for you.
It's kind of disturbing that this kind of research has been done. Grossed me out to have the splats categorized by shape and color. The matching game made me feel weird, in addition to the looks I got from my friends peering over my shoulder. Great scientific information once you get past all this, though! Would highly recomend this to everyone!!!
Didn't know I needed this in my life until now! Now I can identify all the bugs I kill( after they're dead of course)! Awesome app, Jam Hospetler!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.