An essential app for all sleep physicians and sleep professionals - Download and read the top sleep references from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine Resource Library directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. This app syncs with your AASM account to deliver your AASM Resource Library items to all of your devices. The AASM Resource Library is your gateway to the latest AASM Resources as they are released:
- The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events
- International Classification of Sleep Disorders Third Edition (ICSD-3)
- Accreditation Reference Manual
- Essential Readings in Sleep Medicine
- Out of Center Sleep Testing Integration Guide
- Technologist’s Handbook for Understanding and Implementing the Scoring Manual
- AASM Membership Directory
- And future AASM resources…
- Download and read all of your resources offline
- Navigate your references with ease by tapping or swiping
- Search within reference book
- Bookmark and save passages from your references
- Download supplementary materials
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixed table of contents issue on iOS 11 which caused the app to become unresponsive. Reduced the amount of cached data. Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when the "More" button was clicked on an iPad.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful tool for sleep specialists; still room for improvement in the app
UPDATE - AASM has now updated the App Store link so there's now information on how to get help; so I'm updating this review. As there's still no help function in the App, I'm only giving 4 stars instead of 5.
I'm a Fellow of the AASM. Briefly (with details below), I'm panning this app as currently it consistently fails to download material I've bought or should have (eg, ICSD-3, membership directory); there's no link for help in the app; and if you click on the link for help in the App Store, all it does is bring you to the AASM home page, not to any specific help site.
Specifics now: the app worked, and then I received an email saying that ICSD-3 had some updates; with directions on how to delete the old copy and to install the updated text. I followed the directions precisely, but every time I tried to download the new ICSD (either off-line version or online), I received the less-than-useful error message: "Download failed. An error occurred when trying to download. Please try again". Which I did, again, and again. I finally removed the entire AASM library app, power-cycled my iPad and reinstalled it, only to get the same error, now for both the ICSD as well as the membership directory. Yes, my AASM password was entered correctly; and yes, my internet connection is up and working.
Certainly, software can have bugs, but it's poor form for the AASM not to provide us with any form of support, considering we not only pay dues, but actually purchase these products that I now cannot access (and the ICSD is only available electronically....)
The developer, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- 20.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 American Academy of Sleep Medicine