This is an app for families coping with a recent or pending move, which will help teach your child about what to expect when relocating.
Make moving fun with Sesame Street's The Big Moving Adventure! Your young child (ages 2–5) can create his own Muppet friend and help him or her through the moving process, including: Hearing the news, packing, saying goodbye, expressing feelings, traveling, exploring the new home, and making new friends. The Parents Section contains more detailed tips and suggestions on these same topics to help families who are in the process of relocating. Even take pictures of real places from within the app to help your child realize their community grows with every move they make.
• Customize a Muppet friend and help him/her move to a new home.
• Decide which toys and books to pack in a box, and which special comfort items to bring along in a backpack.
• Interactive photo tool, to take pictures of the people and places you are saying goodbye to.
• Explore different ways to say goodbye to people, places, and things at the old home.
• Choose how the Muppet friend could be feeling about the big move.
• Color in a postcard from toys as they travel on the moving truck to the new house.
• Explore the new home and unpack toys and books from the moving truck.
• Go on an American flag scavenger hunt.
• Meet new friends at the new home, including some familiar, furry faces!
The average military child moves about 6 to 9 times between kindergarten and high school. Moving can be stressful for all family members, but children are especially vulnerable to changes in routine and environment. The Big Moving Adventure app was created to help children prepare both physical and emotionally for any type of move.
• Familiarizes children with important moving steps like packing, traveling over a distance, and getting used to a new room.
• Models different ways to say goodbye to people and places.
• Helps children explore their feelings about moving.
• Introduces strategies for making new friends.
• Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization that revolutionized children’s media with the landmark Sesame Street. Learn more at www.sesameworkshop.org
• This app is part of Sesame Workshop’s ongoing efforts to support military families
We’ve added accessibility support for hearing and mobility impairment.
Ratings and Reviews
Bad Review: Good Review
My baby sister who is 2 loves Sesame Street, she loves playing with the games, but there are some people leaving reviews about the sound not working. On the side of your IPhone or iPad, there is a button that triggers silent mode or none silent mode, if you turn it to where it is showing grey, it will play the sound for any game. Also you should check online for why your iPhone or iPad isn’t making sound other than leaving a game that is great, a bad review because you can’t figure out how to work your electronic. Thank you :)
Best game ever
I am a male 46 and my wife 58 both are moving with my 38 kids to Florida, this game life changed me to decide to move . It was not my choice to move it was my wife’s since I kept uh let’s say kept moving around houses so this game reminded me I should not fear my own wife and my 35 year old son from not deciding to move away . Now I live in Chicago in the UK with my family, thank you
This game is life changing
I had depression because of my ex name Shirley Temple😭 she was rude she hit me with the the air conditioner, it hurt like frick! Anyway, it cured my depression everything melted away within seconds of me playing. Thank you to whoever made this app! I now live a happy life with my wife and 48 kids!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sesame Workshop Apps
- 83.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © 2018 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.