The Birmingham Lede 12+
The Birmingham News Company
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Introducing the new daily digital news publication, The Lede, focused on the issues that matter to Birmingham and the surrounding area. In each edition you’ll find:
- Reporting about our shared regional issues such as our roads, healthcare, economic trends and more.
- More local reporting about our region’s change-makers and philanthropy.
- Coverage of the businesses and industries that make Birmingham and the surrounding area home.
- Abundant storytelling on the people, places, things to do and restaurants that give Birmingham the flavor we love.
- A concise rundown of the local news you need each day.
- A collection of the top headlines from around the South.
- Interactive versions of great puzzles and games, plus all your familiar comics.
- Statewide podcasts, sports videos and news videos.
Subscribers of The Birmingham News get full access to each edition of The Lede at no extra charge. Simply sign in with your existing email associated with your newspaper account and password. Not activated, go to the Subscriber Center to activate your account.
••••• SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION •••••
If you are not a current home delivery subscriber, we offer the following App-only subscription options through the App Store:
- 1 Month Auto-renewing Subscription: $9.99
Includes full digital access to al.com.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions may be managed (and auto-renewal can be turned off) by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
If we offer a free trial, any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The recent updates address improvements to informational app messages as well as overall app performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Generous and a Treat
Wanted to thank Birmingham News for their generosity in providing this free news coverage. I have appreciated it so much during this dangerous time with the pandemic. The extra fun activities for kids and their selection of puzzles in the paper is second to none. Thank you for providing this valuable and entertaining service during this time. I am grateful for this bright spot during the week!
Keeps me up to date
I love having the Birmingham News app on my phone. It keeps me up to date and is so easy to use.
I’m a big fan of this new format- easy to swipe and read
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Birmingham News Company
- 34.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © The Birmingham News Company
- In-App Purchases
- The Birmingham News $9.99
- Baseball Magazine 2/2018 $2.99
- Racing: Talladega $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.