An interactive murder mystery unraveled by communicating with the dead …literally. Faithfully reenacted from the original court records and letters, players investigate the true case of Australia’s first female serial killer. Users are free to ask their own questions to determine whether she was truly guilty, or unjustly executed.
This provocative format challenges players to reflect on their own prejudices and reconsider the verdict of a contentious legal case. Was the accused a callous adulteress, drunkard, and liar, or a victim of sexist expectations?
- Communicate with a convicted killer.
- Ask questions using topics via a spirit board.
- Delve into a complex and dramatic murder mystery.
- Immerse yourself in a faithful, dramatic recreation of a Victorian-era court case.
- Enjoy vivid graphics and an unnerving, atmospheric interface.
Winner - Best Narrative - Australian Game Developer Awards
Official Selection PAX 2019
Official Selection IndieCade 2017
“The Black Widow is a game about the death penalty that everyone should play” Digitally Downloaded
“The Black Widow is an unnerving experience…Hearing the actual testimonies was haunting” Monstervine
“I had an eerie feeling about hearing the actual words of someone long gone” VentureBeat
“The fact that these are the real words of a human being executed for murder lends it a certain grim fascination” PC Gamer
“The story is captivating” Forbes
“Gripping and well-told” Kotaku
Minor performance improvements.
- Richard Fox
- 2.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Flux
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.