An interactive murder mystery unraveled by communicating with the dead …literally. Faithfully reenacted from the original court records and letters, players investigate the true case of Australia’s first female serial killer. Users are free to ask their own questions to determine whether she was truly guilty, or unjustly executed.
This provocative format challenges players to reflect on their own prejudices and reconsider the verdict of a contentious legal case. Was the accused a callous adulteress, drunkard, and liar, or a victim of sexist expectations?
- Communicate with a convicted killer.
- Ask questions using topics via a spirit board.
- Delve into a complex and dramatic murder mystery.
- Immerse yourself in a faithful, dramatic recreation of a Victorian-era court case.
- Enjoy vivid graphics and an unnerving, atmospheric interface.
Official Selection IndieCade 2017
“The Black Widow is a game about the death penalty that everyone should play” - Digitally Downloaded
“The Black Widow is an unnerving experience…Hearing the actual testimonies was haunting” - Monstervine
“I had an eerie feeling about hearing the actual words of someone long gone” - VentureBeat
“Eerie…spooky murder-mystery” - Invision Game Community
"Cool games from IndieCade 2017" - Kotaku
“Wonderfully weird…a unique take on mystery solving” - Extra Life
- Richard Fox
- 2.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Flux
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.