Online, The BMJ is one of the world’s leading general medical journals for researchers, educators, clinicians and policy-makers. The BMJ is the house journal of British medicine, owned by Britain’s doctors. The BMJ app lets you - read what the world's leading doctors read
- apply practice-changing takeaways
- trust news supported by data
- advance your career
- read columnists who get what it means to do your job
- search downloaded issues
- read ahead of print
The BMJ app brings you the latest weekly issue including:
- Offline access: handy for planes, trains and automobiles, or wherever there’s no wi-fi
- Selected news articles and columnists
- Education articles, CME points
- Research articles and reviews
- Search through downloaded issues
- Video content embedded
- FREE TO BMA MEMBERS AND PERSONAL SUBSCRIBERS
Use your BMA membership credentials, or personal subscriber details to log in
Not a BMA member or personal subscriber? Then subscribe to The BMJ for £10.49 a month, where the first month is free. You’ll get instant access to every issue published since January 2017!
Purchasing a subscription to The BMJ app at a cost of £10.49 a month will give you access to all the app editions of The BMJ. A monthly purchase will be applied to your iTunes account at the end of the first month trial.
Subscriptions will automatically renew at a cost of £10.49 a month unless cancelled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can cancel anytime or turn off auto-renew with your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
If you experience any problems, please email customer support on email@example.com
Bux fixes and regular maintenance.
Ratings and Reviews
Everything’s perfect except....
I love the BMJ app and use it almost every day. It’s well thought out and works great except for one inexplicable flaw: the links open in the app instead of opening my browser. They take forever to load, and when they do there’s no browser functionality, so when I click a PMID, for example, I can’t start a merry chain of citation exploration without switching to my browser and relocating the article so that have the capacity to navigate, webclip, and use all a browser’s normal accoutrements. Apart from this one weird defect, it’s perfect.
I can’t access app despite paying a pretty penny for 2 months
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BMJ Publishing Group Limited
- 112.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © BMJ Publishing Group Ltd 2021
- In-App Purchases
- The BMJ (1 month) $11.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.