Experience driving pleasure down to tenths of a second and m/s²: "The BMW M Laptimer" app is the ultimate tool for race track data analysis, including automatic calculation of lap times. The app records sensor data directly from your BMW, and uses these values to help you analyse your driving style. This allows you to increase precision and dexterity and, in turn, improve your lap times. You can also record your journeys off the race track, such as road trips with your racing community.
The saved results can be posted as snapshots on all social media platforms. Or for even more personal race comparisons, you can exchange your recordings with friends via email and then compare them curve-by-curve.
- With additional information while driving, such as the current driving time and the distance covered, you can keep an eye on your performance at all times.
- All of your BMW’s vehicle sensors are engaged for perfect analysis of your driving style, and the data is stored locally on your iPhone.
- A variety of methods allow you to analyse your laps in the best possible way: 1) Map from a bird’s eye view, 2) Table for comparison of lap times, 3) Graphic display of measured vehicle sensor results, and 4) Diagram for longitudinal and lateral acceleration.
- Compare your own results with others or import the lap times of a friend who drove on the same course – and see at a glance at which curve you still have room for improvement. You can also exchange your data directly via email.
- Share your best times on social media platforms with a custom scorecard. This means your friends can immediately see the best times you have set on the asphalt in your BMW.
- Next-generation style app design from BMW M.
- Manage multiple vehicles in one app – synchronised via BMW ConnectedDrive.
- Edit your recording to display only valid laps (warm-up and cool-down laps can be removed), or move the start/finish line.
BMW vehicles with the BMW Live Cockpit Professional option (S06U3) will be supported soon with advanced features.
Camera features, as well as many other features based on your feedback, are planned for future releases.
The BMW M Laptimer is optimized for 2014 and newer vehicles with the option Navigationsystem Professional (S0609) and iPhone 6s or higher. While the app’s features will function as expected on many 2013 and earlier vehicles, some vehicles or older iPhone generations may be incompatible with certain functions.
Usage of the app is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive and BMW Connected, please also consult our webpages at www.bmw.com/connecteddrive and www.bmw.com/getconnected. Please refer to www.bmw.com/bluetooth regarding the compatibility of your smartphone with BMW cars.
A mobile Internet connection is required. This can incur costs (for example due to roaming) in accordance with the contract concluded between the customer and the network operator.
Please observe national requirements and conditions specific to the country you are in. For the aforementioned reasons, BMW is unable to warranty unrestricted compatibility and functionality of your mobile device in combination with the vehicle interface. The application is displayed in the car in the language configured for the phone.
This version includes minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does this work on the new G20 3 series?
If this app is compatible, where should it be in the iDrive?
Why does BMW USA now require users to login for all their apps (this one, but also their Driver’s Guides)? As if our privacy is not enough infringed upon already. Guess what, BMW: if somebody uses one of your apps, it is because they own one of your cars, so why do you feel you need a login?! You should direct your efforts towards reducing recalls on just-released models instead...
I did a couple of launches but I can’t find my recorded 0-60 time, is it even on the app? Because the previous app I had (M Laptimer) had a 0-60 time.
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 149.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © BMW of North America, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.