• The ePaper is a full replica edition including articles and pages as they appeared in print, including the Sunday Comics.
• The ePaper is free for Boston Globe digital subscribers and many print subscribers.
• Read stories in the Page view or Article view.
• Share articles via email and social media.
• Recent back issues are available for download from the archive by tapping or swiping "Archive".
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms and Conditions: https://www.bostonglobe.com/tools/help/terms-service
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Decent enough but article view is hard to read
The app is basically fine so far but the article view is hard to read on bigger screens. Can you add some margins or, even better, allow to customize text width? It would also be nice if the font size would be remembered so I don’t have to adjust it for every article. Perhaps both of those could be customizable in persistent settings?
“Words can't describe just how bad this app is. Downloads get hung up so that one can be waiting days for issues that never show up. The Globe should be embarrassed that it's name is associated with this piece of junk. Don't buy it.”
I wrote the above review several years ago and have been assured by the Globe that the app will be improved. Now, two years later, nothing has changed, and it’s still a pig. More often than not, the paper’s already slow down-load never finishes, and I say the hell with it, and never get to read the paper. How the Globe allows this to happen is incomprehensible.
Ok, it’s September, 2018, two years after I wrote the above reviews. The new app is out, and I find it much improved. In fact, I’m now reading the Globe again. The only downside is a somewhat inconsistent page turning when I swipe left, but that may be my technique. It took a while but the Globe May have mended its ways.
Design decisions make this app lag behind other papers
I get that some people like this faux paper layout of this app but really it is cumbersome for most users and lags in comparison to the NYT, WSJ and the WashPo. Having to decide whether to download an edition or not as the first pop up when coming to the app is annoying and wastes time. Clicking into a story causes it to go in a non mobile friendly layout where the pictures do not flow well with the story. It is also difficult to scroll from story to story, rather one has to flip through each page of the paper like it is a physical paper. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that most mobile readers do not need to replicate the flow of a physical paper in order to appreciate the stories.
I am going to unsubscribe to the Globe because I primarily read my news on mobile and the experience is just disappointing and frustrating. Please modernize this app and ditch the physical paper replication.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
- 74.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Finnish, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Boston Globe Media Partners, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.