The Burg is a community where you live. We live in a day and age where we are more connected to people in other countries than the people down the street. It’s time we build community with our real, actual communities, and in the process, make voting much easier.
How? By giving you the keys to your city. Local News, Reps, Nonprofits, Neighbors.
All in one place, built for you.
*available only in CA, email us and @ us with the area you want us to come to next!
The Burg Features:
Hangout in the group chat for your city
• Frustrated about traffic? Tired of expensive rent? Looking for a
coffee shop recommendation? Ask those who know best– your
• Chat & repost news to the group chat and organize your neighbors for
• Poll your city and find out what people think (then @ your reps with the
• First names and neighborhoods only, so we can be friendly and safe
News, built for you and where you live
• Anytime your city, state, and neighborhood are mentioned, we send
the news straight to your phone
• Follow issues you're passionate about– and learn how these issues
• Every morning and evening, receive briefs on the city in the group chat
Politics isn’t an Olympic Sport– it's not election day, once every four years. It’s local and it’s every day, and we make it easier than ever.
• Assign your reps a to-do list, @ your reps on news articles, and
include your reps in the conversation
• Anytime your reps are mentioned in the news, we’ll send the story
straight to your phone
• Receive your ballot during election season so you can read up on
everything, run polls, and talk with your fellow voters about who and
what to vote for
Get involved with local nonprofits & orgs
• Follow your favorite nonprofits, and even repost them to the group
• Learn from these community leaders and @ them when you need an
• Go outside and volunteer
Politics isn’t an Olympic Sport– it's not election day, once every four years. It’s local and it’s every day, and we are on a mission to make it accessible and easy, every day. But how? By giving you, the people, the keys to your city.
With over 50+ changes, here are the highlights of the overhaul:
• A group chat for your city
• A news engine that sends the important stuff from around the world, country, state, and neighborhood, straight to you
• Direct message your Reps & get them to better represent you
• Volunteer with dozens of local nonprofits & orgs and learn how to help your city
• Fixed a notification bug
• Smoothed out the sign up process
Ratings and Reviews
Centralizes the LA sprawl
I wasn’t sure if this app would just be more noise in the already over-saturated politics/social media space but NOPE, this is something special. The UI/UX design is so crisp, clean and intuitive- it makes reading and engaging with politics fun and light when I feel like that’s usually the opposite these days. I’m so impressed with the ways it ties together news, culture, volunteering, community; it’s a social space to do research, think, learn, and understand who is living right around you. Especially in a city like LA, it’s so hard to find one place for all of that info, until now. I’ve only been playing around with it for a bit and honestly I already feel like a more informed citizen in my neighborhood; it makes me want to get everyone I know on so we can chat and make polls and utilize all the features. I see a lot of success for The Burg and can imagine it’s an app I’d visit daily.
Go to app for anything politics
This app is truly one of a kind. I really appreciate this unique and innovative way to connect with others (including politicians) to discuss ideas. It’s really made it so much easier for me to stay in touch with the news and what’s going on around me. This app has made me much more aware and kept me better informed, especially with these upcoming elections. Whoever thought of this was a genius because everyone is always on their phone. Why not have them use their phone for something useful, like the well-being of our country? Now more than ever it is imperative to stay up-to-date with what’s going on in the country and this app is the key to do just that. I love this app and I would recommend it to all of my friends and family. Also, go out and vote (I even registered to vote through the Burg 😎).
The Most Efficient and Enjoyable Way to Stay Engaged
I’m constantly engaging with news, both online and on the radio, but am often left feeling disengaged and removed from what’s going on in the world. The Burg is the first news source I’ve found that leaves me feeling like I can have meaningful, and active engagement with my community and the lawmakers who drive our daily political spheres. I’m stoked to have their new ballot info feature; it’s helped cut through some of the smoke and mirrors of the ballot measures to get a clear, non-partisan breakdown. Will keep recommending this app to anyone who wants to feel more involved or up-to-date.
- The Burg, LLC
- 42.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 The Burg
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.