Burst lets you turn your photo bursts into looping videos and animated GIFs!
You can capture a burst in the Camera app by quickly dragging the shutter button to the left on the iPhone 11, or by pressing and holding the shutter button on all other iPhones. Once you've captured a burst, launch the Burst app to see your creation play back in real time, then tap "Video" or "GIF" to make a video or GIF!
If you need help, feel free to DM @theburstapp in Instagram or @_burstapp on Twitter. If you're going to share your creations consider tagging them with #burstapp :)
- Burst now supports the iPad! This includes flexible layouts when multitasking and a bevy of keyboard shortcuts.
- Remove the "Open Photos" / "Stay Here" prompt that shows after saving a video or GIF to your device.
- If your device is running low on space, you can type theburstapp://clearexports into Safari to have Burst clear out it's exported videos and GIFs.
- Several nice performance improvements around app launch and photo library changes.
If you like using Burst we'd love to hear about it! Please leave us a quick review on the App Store or follow us on Instagram at @theburstapp.
Ratings and Reviews
BEST & EASIEST APP!!!
For ME, Only using the burst mode can you get that 1, amazing shot out of hundreds.. for example, trying to make newly born granddaughter laugh, out of 400+ burst.. there was only 1 perfect picture where she not only smiled, but she opened her eyes which is priceless..
Not wanting to delete all the other pictures or spend the time deciding which ones I want to keep, I can keep them all in a video..
2 ideas though would be nice..
1) having hundreds of bursts, it’s a pain having to click on video & then click on the button to STAY HERE.. if a user doesn’t want to stay there, I’m sure they know how to get out of the app.. for me clicking STAY HERE 500 times is a pain & waste of time..
2) Speaking of converting all ones burst to videos.. it would be GREAT to set the app in a mode where it CONVERTS ALL BURTS INTO A VIDEO instead of clicking 3 buttons each time then sliding over to do the same over & over again..
Still.. Great App! Saved me hours if not days going through them all.. I’ll be using the app for life as I create bursts..
This has been really fun to play with. It works best in burst photos with many shots not just a handful (which makes total sense). Some of my very very old burst mode photos don’t seem to work, but that is probably an issue with old burst photos not the app.
Simple and Powerful
Great app to convert burst captures to animated GIF and video. Let’s you see the file size before you decide to save the animation!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Timothy Johnsen
- 2.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Tim Johnsen 2018-2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.