The Cable Tow is an app for Masons. It contains map information for lodges, meeting dates, masonic education, and much more. It is an all in one app for any mason.
Currently the App only has complete Lodge information in the Grand Lodge of Alberta, but more will be added upon demand, or as time permits. Regular updates will be posted.
- Discussion Forums
- Lodge Directory
- Lodges in The area
- Custom User Lodge List
- Masonic Education:
-- Video Channels
- Digital Organist (Canadian Rite standard music as set out by the Grand Lodge of Alberta)
- Masonic FAQs
This app is not an official app of The Grand Lodge of Alberta or any other Grand Lodges, it is created solely by Bro. Jeffrey Johnston for the purposes of spreading masonic education and aiding in communication between lodges and members and visitors.
*** LATEST UPDATES *****
- Major changes to the interface
- New Database with ability for users to change/add information about their lodges
- New Virtual Festiveboard/discussion board functionality
May 8 2017
- Minor user interface tweaks
- Added some lodges from the Grand Lodge of Canada in Ontario
- Update adds advertising features
Jan 10 2017
- Finished Grand Lodge of Manitoba Lodge Entries
- Added Discussion forums
Jan 05 2017
- Finalized Grand Lodge of Saskatchewan entries
- Addition of Historical Light Vlog
Dec 15 2016
- Integration of Facebook Page
Dec 13 2016
Added more Masonic Education
Added more lodges
Dec 12 2016
Minor changes to interface, updates to update file due to versioning issues.
Tweaked the Toasts section
- Minor fixes to the Toasts section
- Addition of Toasts under Labour to Refreshment in Working Tools
- More Lodges Added
Some bug fixes with the UI
Added features for testing.
-Added more lodges
-Cleaned up some myLodge features
-fixed some login issues
-Minor changes to adhere to the App Store Review Guidelines
-60 Additional Lodges Added
- Fixed an issue that wasn't asking new users to log in.
- Fixed some database connection areas improving the access to the lodge directories
- Cleaned up some of the outdated videos
Updated app version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Poor UX. 😔 Signed up, waited a week, still can’t use my account. App says to send an email... which is a poor way to handle user authentication from an end users perspective. Why can’t I do everything from within the app? At least pop open my email client on my phone with the support email filled out.
Also, doesn’t correctly support iPhone Xs.
Developer Response ,
I had fallen way behind on approvals, I am slowly getting caught up.
Can you tell me what issues you are seeing on iPhone X's? I have tested on emulators but not on an actual iPhone X.
I signed up 2 1/2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for a response so I can log in. No response from emails either. I’m not sure what’s going on.
Developer Response ,
I have fallen quite behind on approvals, I manually approve each new user, and had a flood. I do try and respond to every support request. If you are still having issues please send a support request again.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.