Hear, hear! New Maps are coming to our kingdoms!
We released 2 Map Pack DLC’s for purchase (9 additional maps each). Find your new favorite map.
The Loire Valley during the 15th Century. As influential princes, the players devote their efforts to careful trading and building in order to lead their estates to prominence. Two dice set out the action options, but the players always make the final choices. Whether trading or livestock farming, city building or scientific research, many different paths lead to the prosperity and prominence of the players! The many ways to gain victory points in this building game require careful thought round after round along with extensive planning ahead. Thanks to the different estates, the game remains challenging for the players for a long time, as no two games play out alike. The winner is the player with the most victory points at the end of the game.
- The easy to follow tutorial guides you through the rules
- cross-platform play with all opponents
- ranked and casual games
- world ladder with GLICKO rating
- 3 AI opponents (easy, medium and hard)
- play offline alone or with your friends/spouse
- asynchronous game with notifications
- fast ranked games for live experience
- 10 new quality avatars for your DIGIDICED collection
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Japanese, Russian and Italian
- Map Pack DLCs for purchase to add new maps to your game.
- 2 new Map Pack DLCs are now available for purchase! Each adds 9 new maps to your game.
- New Map settings to choose a map in the matchmaker settings: ( Random from groups, assigned maps and free choice of maps)
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy but fun
A straightforward adaption of the board game. I like that I don’t have to pick up a bunch of tiny cardboard tiles anymore and it is now digitized.
However, online play is frustrating. It’s a bit clunky and glitchy at times. The game makes me “time out” well before my 24 hour turn is over sometimes (I don’t understand why/when at all). The AI isn’t good enough to challenge me, so I really rely on good pvp interaction for these games. There are virtually no “instant” games because there aren’t enough people playing at any given time. Only 24-hour turn length games.
Good adaptation, some improvements needed
This is, overall, a good adaptation of the Board game. Generally speaking, the AI is a solid opponent. But there are some improvements would be greatly help the game:
1. The board game has been updated with expansions / extra tiles. Seeing those extra tiles added to the app (even as an IAP) would be great.
2. I’ve experienced an odd bug when playing a castle tile. It has to do with playing a tile, wanting to buy a tile for 2 silver and then taking the 2nd action. For some reason, you have to buy the other tile before placing the castle and taking the second action. (Perhaps this is following the rule book, but perhaps it’s a bug?)
3. The expansions also have a lot of different player boards. Only having the original 8 gets old. Adding new boards would be a HUGE improvement to the app.
4. Similar to #3, having more choice over which board to play. Going random is…random. Being able to choose from a couple of different boards would be a nice touch.
Overall, it’s one of my most played board game apps. If you’re on the fence, you should get it. But it hasn’t been updated in quite a while and it could use some TLC to update it with the current releases of the tabletop game (expansions, player boards, etc.)
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for your positive review and your feedback.
1+3+4) Castles of Burgundy will be our next game migrated to the new server. Besides UI improvements and a new main menu we are thinking of other additions we can add to the game. We will think about your suggestion.
2) If I understood your bug description correctly it is: If you play a castle you are allowed to do an action without any cost. If you want to build a building you need to own it first.
We will check this to be sure it's working properly.
An update of the game is on its way. It will take some time but we are working on it. We will share info about that on our social media.
Forced forfeit bug!
Edit: bug persists throughout several of the past few updates. Why is this bug so hard to fix? I estimate that I’ve lost 30-40 games because of this bug, and my ranking has suffered greatly through no fault of my own. I currently have a game live that has been sitting in my games list for several months as neither my opponent nor I have taken action on it.
Developers please fix the bug that causes the game to get hung after one of my opponents is timed out and forced forfeit by my other opponent. At this point it’s my turn but going into the game, it never progresses to my turn, stays on “waiting for opponent”. This results in my turn also timing out and my opponent also forcing me to forfeit. Very frustrating in ranked games, had this happen 4-5 times in the past couple months, submitted several bug reports from the game, but it’s still not fixed, nor have I gotten any response. 🧐
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Digidiced UG (haftungsbeschrankt) i.G.
- 160.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2023 DIGIDICED, Ravensburger
- In-App Purchases
- Map Pack 1 $2.99
- Map Pack 2 $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.