The most recent build holds major performance enhancement for older 2GB RAM devices.
The Loire Valley during the 15th Century. As influential princes, the players devote their efforts to careful trading and building in order to lead their estates to prominence. Two dice set out the action options, but the players always make the final choices. Whether trading or livestock farming, city building or scientific research, many different paths lead to the prosperity and prominence of the players! The many ways to gain victory points in this building game require careful thought round after round along with extensive planning ahead. Thanks to the different estates, the game remains challenging for the players for a long time, as no two games play out alike. The winner is the player with the most victory points at the end of the game.
- The easy to follow tutorial guides you through the rules
- cross-platform play with all opponents
- ranked and casual games
- world ladder with GLICKO rating
- 3 AI opponents (easy, medium and hard)
- play offline alone or with your friends/spouse
- asynchronous game with notifications
- fast ranked games for live experience
- 10 new quality avatars for your DIGIDICED collection
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Japanese, Russian and Italian
- new iOS GC Plugin
- fixed endless worker generation bug of easy AI
- reduced memory usage of AI which should result in more stabilty of game on 2GB RAM devices...especially older iPADs
- optimized GFX performance
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy but fun
A straightforward adaption of the board game. I like that I don’t have to pick up a bunch of tiny cardboard tiles anymore and it is now digitized.
However, online play is frustrating. It’s a bit clunky and glitchy at times. The game makes me “time out” well before my 24 hour turn is over sometimes (I don’t understand why/when at all). The AI isn’t good enough to challenge me, so I really rely on good pvp interaction for these games. There are virtually no “instant” games because there aren’t enough people playing at any given time. Only 24-hour turn length games.
Incredibly Addictive Adaptation of the Classic Boardgame
Castles of Burgundy is an all-time great boardgame, and this adaptation does it justice. Great asynchronous play - I’m currently playing games with folks from all over the place and it’s really smooth. If you’re used to the boardgame layout, it may take you a game or two to get your bearings, but once you do you’ll appreciate how the developers laid things out to work surprisingly well on a phone-sized screen.
Do yourself a favor though and change the animation speed to fast, and turn-off replay in the games list if you want to play your turn as quickly as possible.
P.S. It had some bad bugs when it first came out, but most of them are fixed now - you can buy with confidence.
Super fun game
It is so much fun to play that it doesn’t really matter whether I win or lose.
One tip: If the game freezes, as it still sometimes does, access the menu via the button in the right top corner and select ypur current game in the lists of active games. The game will reload and open right before your last turn during which it froze.
Update March 13: All of a sudden, I can’t play anymore. “network error”, “client needs to be updated for online game” - but I only play against the AI. My network is fine. Play runs until after I placed the first card. Then the error message pops up. I checked for an update, there actually was one, but after the update still the same.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Digidiced UG (haftungsbeschrankt) i.G.
- 285.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2019 DIGIDICED, Ravensburger
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.