The best-selling, classic book "The Cat in the Hat" comes to life with playful interactivity, delightful animations and learning activities!
"...one of the most delightfully interactive apps we've seen." - Tillywig
"...overflows with fun animations, interactions, and learning games." TechWithKids.com
“...sets a new gold standard for Oceanhouse’s interactive book apps going forward.” - AppAddict.net
- Tap, drag, and tilt your device to find playful surprises throughout the book
- Practice spelling, phonics, rhyming, and reading comprehension with new Learning Activities
- Read along with highlighting narration, read it yourself, or enjoy auto play
- Explore new vocabulary by tapping words and pictures
- Track minutes spent reading, pages read, and more in the Parents section
- Hidden stars on every page reveal fun Learning Activities
- Developed in collaboration with early literacy experts
- Designed specifically for beginning readers
- Aligned with kindergarten level English Language Arts (ELA) standards
- Enjoy activities again and again, directly from the main menu!
*** Best New Apps - Apple ***
*** Parents’ Choice Award Silver Honor Winner ***
*** Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award Winner ***
*** Academic's Choice "Smart Choice Media" Award Winner ***
*** Tillywig Brain Child Award Winner ***
*** 100 Noteworthy Apps - Children's Technology Review ***
*** KidSAFE Listed ***
Official Dr. Seuss licensed App. Dr. Seuss Properties ™ & © 2015 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All rights reserved.
- Fixed accessibility to app store for parents
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very nice implementation. Can use a vanilla mode
The app looks great and is well-made. That being said, it is a bit too noisy and distracting. I would rather my almost 4 year old not have so much animation distracting from paying attention to the story. While it looks great, I would prefer her concentrating on the story and not on animations. A still image/animation toggle would be great.
Ultimately, I just want the books with a voice-over.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very glad you are enjoying the app! A few thoughts for you. In the Settings within the app, there is a toggle to turn Music & Sound off. Another option is to download our "Dr. Seuss Treasury" app. It features a free 30 day trial and no animations, which you may feel is better for your needs. Best of all, it has 55 Dr. Seuss books in it! For more information or further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com any time.
Interactive and varied
Different activities for different ages. Classic stories AND learning (rhyme checks)
Bring back swipe anywhere page turns.
Hitting a small button at the top of the iPad is the worst for one handed reading.
Developer Response ,
Good to hear your thoughts William, we’ll have to look at solutions to your suggestion that retain the fun animations and learning activities millions are enjoying in these apps! Some folks may prefer to enjoy Dr. Seuss Treasury on the App Store which includes all 55 of the classic Dr. Seuss book apps (and the classic page turns.) Thanks for starting the conversation and please continue it with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oceanhouse Media, Inc.
- 57.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Dr. Seuss Properties ™ & © 2015 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.