One secret word and 16 possible options. Everyone knows the secret word except for the Chameleon – but who is the Chameleon?
Players must prove their innocence and catch the imposter. But be careful: choose a word that’s too obvious and you might give away the secret word. Choose a word that’s too vague and people may think you’re the guilty one. Can you spot the Chameleon?
Are you the Chameleon? Blend in. Don’t get caught.
Play the latest game from the creators of the smash hit Coup, based on the great board game by Big Potato Games & La Mame Games.
How to Play
- Players choose a topic card from their collection.
- A random card is chosen, and the secret word is revealed to all players except for the Chameleon.
- Everyone submits a word to prove they know the secret word, but without giving too much away.
- Players chat and vote on the player they think is the Chameleon.
- After the vote the identity of the Chameleon is revealed.
- If the Chameleon was caught, they get one guess at the secret word! If they can guess right, they escape.
- Social deduction party game for 4 to 6 players.
- Match with your friends or players from around the world.
- Over 70 Topic Cards with many more to come.
- Customize your game with fun items for your profile.
- Earn prize boxes by winning games to get more topic cards and items.
- Complete achievements to power up your prize boxes. Better boxes offer better loot!
We’re sure you’ll love this game, but don’t just take our word for it. Check out these awesome accolades:
- A Target “Staff Pick” board game.
- 2017 UK Games Expo Best Party Game.
- 2017 Imagination Gaming Best Family Game Silver.
- 2018 SXSW Gamer’s Voice Nominee.
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Part Game Nominee.
- Dice Tower Seal of Excellence.
- Fixed the issue with profile pictures not saving.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun But Frustrating
Don't get me wrong, the game is clever and fun. The concept makes for a neat party game. Actually playing, though? The "Quick Game" option is full of people who don't understand the game, making it a gauntlet of annoyance. Once you get 200 coins (relatively easy to do since you get at least five coins every game), you can unlock competitive mode. Unfortunately, since no one is ever on that, it's impossible to start a game.
Fun, Addicting, and Quick Party Game!
So addicting! Chameleon is a super fun board game where one person in the group is left in the dark about a “secret word,” and the group has to figure out who it is without giving away the secret word. There’s a variety of topics that are easy for everyone to get into! Super simple game that still requires some thought and strategy as you keep playing.
The app allows you to play with other random users, or you could create your own game with friends that you’ve added in the game. Each round is super fast, so the game is great for when you want to take a quick break/if you just have nothing to do. It does get addicting, and I always find myself playing a few extra rounds than I intend to.
This game is potentially a lot of fun based upon the two times I actually found other people online to play. The problem is that you spend so much time waiting for other players to show up, that you eventually just give up and close the app. If I could leave the app open, running in the background, and then receive a drop down notification when enough players arrive to play, I’d be thrilled. (Whenever I leave the app now, it just tells me I’ve been disconnected when I return) Bottom line: Let players keep the app open and notify them when there are enough players for a game.
- FOX CITY GAMES LLC
- 388.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2018 Banana & Co.
- In-App Purchases
- Six Premium Prize Boxes $3.99
- One Premium Prize Box $1.99
- Chameleon Remove Ads $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.