Connect wherever you are to The Charlotte Observer for news from around the Carolinas.
Get the latest local and breaking news from the seven-county region of Mecklenburg, Union, Cabarrus, York, Iredell, Gaston and Catawba. The Charlotte Observer reports on the local topics you care about, including banking, politics, education, weather, traffic, crime, sports, arts and entertainment, food, faith, health, and national news. Charlotteobserver.com brings you real-time updates on news from Charlotte, Concord, Fort Mill, Monroe, Lake Norman, Gastonia, Mooresville, Hickory and Rock Hill, and from communities such as Ballantyne, University City, Mint Hill, Steele Creek and more.
Are you a Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets or NASCAR fan? Are you a 49er, Tar Heel or Blue Devil? Do you get excited for the Friday night lights of high school football? Our app will keep you connected to your favorite teams and favorite sports writers.
The Charlotte Observer covers North Carolina and South Carolina like no other media in our area. Wherever you go, stay connected to news that’s important to you.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• Local and national video from dozens of news sources, including Observer staff.
• Stunning photo galleries of news coverage and events.
• Charlotte Observer opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Local and national obituaries.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• Ability to read comments and join the conversation.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Charlotte Observer app comes with complimentary web access to the Charlotte Observer site, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first month for $1.99. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $12.99 per month or $129.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The Charlotte Observer app, eEdition and The Charlotte Observer website.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/customer-service/terms-of-service/
We have fixed some small bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
WOW!! Now even better!!!
I love the new design of the app! Colorful, informative, & easy to read. What a pleasant surprise!! Congrats on the new design! The e edition of the paper is there as well if you are a fan of the paper layout. Please do yourself a favor & give the hometown app a chance. You will not be disappointed!!! I love e edition extra!!! An in depth look at the news of the day. Bravo!!
Good navigation. Useful variety of news content.
This is the easiest newspaper app to navigate that I have encountered. I especially appreciate the variety of options I have available to help me choose what I want to read—many ways to interface.
Another plus is that not only is this a local paper, but also includes important state news, national news, and international news. I live in far western North Carolina, and this type of news, whether in print, online or broadcast simply isn’t available there. With this app, I can keep informed about my wider world, especially in regards to North Carolina’s state situations and politics.
My only suggestion would be: make it possible to use the up & down arrows on my iPad’s Bluetooth keyboard in order to be able to scroll down the screen. Having to use the touch screen so often, as I do now, is hard on my arthritic thumbs.
Got rid of newspaper replica and now can't get info
I subscribed to the newspaper to see the version as issued. That works beautifully. However every few months, it requires me to login and will not take my documented credentials and the “contact us” doesn’t go anywhere. The forget password option never sends me an email. It is very inconvenient to manage the call in password reset.
- McClatchy Interactive
- 65.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 The Charlotte Observer. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Montly Subscription $12.99
- Annual Subscription $129.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.