Best Clock app I have seen for Mac (AU)
Fabulous design (US)
Absolutely excellent clock and time zone app (AU)
Simple! I use it everyday! Brilliant! (UK)
Perfect for Global Responsibilities(US)
Completely redesigned, The Clock 4 Bigger than ever.
• Keep track, easily and efficiently of your contacts in different time zones.
• Have a quick view on a Calendar, which can be integrated with the macOS Calendar
• Easily setup meetings with the Meeting Planner.
• Have a highlight on the Business Hours and Holidays of your subcontractors, customers, ...
• Highly customizable.
• Be reminded when to Take a Break and relax.
• Full Trackpad integration, swipe to travel trough time.
• Touch Bar and Notification Center Widget ready for your convenience.
• Window resizing and the responsive design to adapt to your need.
• HandOff with The Clock on your iPhone/iPad.
The World Clocks
• AM/PM or 24Hours.
• Analog or Digital Clock view.
• Choose among a wide range of complications
• Business Hours.
• Time offset.
• Time Zone offset (PDT, CDT, UTC…).
• Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow.
• AM/PM, 24H.
• Drag&Drop the world clocks to order them.
• Beautiful clock face displaying day and night.
• Personalize the world clock time format per cities.
• Change the city name.
• PDT, CDT, MDT, GMT… and more automatically adapting during daylight saving period.
• Meeting Planner Slider to travel through time.
• Business Hours led to check if your contact is in the working hours time frame.
• Select a date in the calendar for an accurate Daylight Saving adjustment.
• With the Calendar.app integration into The Clock have a quick look on your schedule
• With the Calendar Complication, automatically know if you are busy while planning a meeting.
• Export easily your schedule information by a simple copy/paste or share menu or Drag & Drop.
• Slider automatically round the time to 15/30 min.
• Navigate the months with buttons, keyboard shortcuts, trackpad.
• Show/Hide the Calendar.
• Toggle week/month view.
• Show/Hide the weeks number.
• Select your referenced calendar for the week number. (Regional settings, or ISO 8601).
• Select a day in Meeting Planner for an accurate Daylight Saving adjustment.
• Highlight days off per city.
• Follow the macOS setting for calendar first day of the week or set your own...
• Choose to integrate or not with the macOS Calendar.
• Have a quick view on your calendar events.
• Calendar complication to immediately see what is coming next on your schedule.
• Voice Over.
• Dynamic Type for font size to adapt to your need.
• Color blind friendly.
• Haptic feedback (for Mac supporting it).
• Choose between 4 beautiful themes (White/Dark/Daisy Blue/Deep Dark) with transparency or not.
• Select clock faces.
• Have the theme follow automatically the color of your appearance.
• Rearrange The Clock menu bar items by (shift) drag and drop.
• Keyboard Shortcuts for most common actions.
• Display the moon phase, and get all the moon phase informations.
• Backup/Restore your settings easily (Local, Dropbox, iCloud).
• Keep or not The Clock window floating above your desktop.
• Choose to access The Clock from the menu bar or from the Dock.
• Enjoy the Take a Break feature, and relax.
• Amazing Take a Break screen saver, displaying quotes among ~100 quotes in 8 genres or World Clock Map.
• Or the Take a Break screen saver, with your own text.
• And more …
• And with a real user manual to go deeper in the discovery of all the features.
version 4.0.5: Bigger than Ever Release
∙ [New] Select text with date and time from anywhere and convert to local time.
∙ [New] Drag and Drop text with date and time from anywhere to The Clock and automatically adjust the slider to it.
∙ [Bug fixed] While attached to the menu bar, sometime the clicks were going through the window.
∙ [Bug fixed] While attached to the menu bar, and menu bar hidden, the window was not showing while using the global keyboard shortcut.
∙ [Bug fixed] Other small bugs fixed.
version 4.0: Bigger than Ever Release
Everything is in the title. This new major release is so big that I will focus on the biggest new features. So many new features.
Very big ones!
∙ [New] The Clock is now available across all your devices. Mac, iPhone, iPad
∙ [New] Full new code using the most advanced Apple technology, to have the same consistent experience across all your devices.
∙ [New] The Clock window can now be resized as you want with the new responsive design (while detached from the menu bar). Meaning Full screen, Split screen and more.
∙ [New] The Clock now fully support the Touch Bar.
∙ [New] The Clock widget for the Notification Center.
∙ [New] Expanded Planner while the window is open large enough.
∙ [New] Drag and Drop the meeting planner panel now possible.
∙ [New] Continuity available between all your devices.
∙ [New] Accessibility with the support of Dynamic Type font.
∙ [New] Accessibility with a color blind friendly mode.
∙ [New] Menubar time and date custom format.
∙ [New] Pomodoro mode now available for Take a Break.
∙ [New] Calendar toggle week view, month view.
∙ [New] Complications can be displayed left or right side. With 3 more complications too.
∙ [New] Daylight saving icons will appear before the date of change.
∙ [New] Daisy blue theme.
∙ [New] The Clock interface and experience has been refined.
∙ [New] Backup to iCloud now available.
∙ [New] New Cities added. You can now add Exchange Markets and more.
∙ [New] Drag and Drop the today button and get a timestamp.
∙ [New] Calendar delegates are now supported.
∙ [New] Define when the yearly quarter start.
∙ [New] The Clock can now be in Dock Mode without the menu bar.
∙ [New] Haptic feedback.
∙ [New] And many more.
Ratings and Reviews
Making OS X great again
What everyone else has written is true - it’s perfect - wanting for nothing yet not pushing too many options at you either. For me what makes this app go from really good to perfect are two things. One, the search function for city or time zone just works the way you think it should. But two is really what makes me love it: you pick the city or time zone that matches your time needs and then you can give it a nickname that is more meaningful to you. I’ve yet to find another time application that gives you that feature. For example, if your small city or town isn’t listed but another large city is and you know that the large city’s time matches your needs choose the large city and then rename it and you’re done. Rename the city to match your company’s datacenter names, time zone, corporate locations, warehouses, people times, what ever you need.
Thank you to the developer for making this great app.
There are an overwhelming number of clocks available, and I have surveyed many of them. This one is by the best. I like that it keels a low profile on the menu bar, but when it’s opened it has a very well designed, easy to read, expansive view. The calendar is a also nice feature to have along with the clocks, although if a calendar view is not wanted, it’s easy to toggle it off. Probably my favorite feature is the “meeting planner slider.” This feature makes it very easy to time differences as times are agreed on for a meeting. All in all, a fantastic app.
Elegance and Flexibility
I use The Clock both as an engineer working with teams across multiple time zones, and as an amateur radio operator. In ham radio we record many events by UTC as 24-hour display, and The Clock makes it extremely easy to setup a mixed timezone display with some timezone clocks as normal 12-hour AM/PM, and “zulu time” as 24-hour. It’s pretty hard to find a clock app that will actually do that in the first place. On top of that, it’s the best looking clock/calendar I’ve found on any platform. Just fantastic.
- Fabrice Leyne
- 7.6 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Fabrice Leyne
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.