The Compassionate Parent App was developed by a Clinical Psychologist and draws upon evidence-based strategies from Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Positive Psychology theories to offer mental health support to mums and dads throughout the parenting journey.
The Compassionate Parent App provides new parents and families with parenting tools for positive parent-child interactions and relationships, to support parental wellbeing and mental health.
The app provides parent education and development of a parent strategy, with tools to assist in maintaining perspective, managing expectations and keeping positive. Using mindfulness and positive psychology techniques, The Compassionate Parent App helps new parents to recognise and magnify the positive experiences of raising kids and supports the development of parent-child connection.
Mental Health Support
Self-Help – With a focus on connectedness, The Compassionate Parent App identifies ways to strengthen the parent child connection through play or activity, compassion and support. Ideas for getting out and about are also explored.
Self-Reflection – Strategies for managing mood, and acknowledgement of the range of emotions new parents can experience from anxiety to tiredness are reviewed, with coping strategies offered to support new parents.
Personal Growth - Practical personal growth strategies and parent exercises influenced by evidence-based therapies including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Positive Psychology principles. Easy-to-understand tools for busy parents across the domains of keeping positive, looking after myself, managing expectations and maintaining perspective.
● User-friendly app is easy to navigate with clearly laid out menus
● Favourite Strategies feature allows for toolbox personalisation
● Links to favourite, most helpful strategies and tools on home screen with the personalised favourites feature
● Reminder function to assist with skill practice and strategy implementation
Parenting App Provides Strategies For Parenthood
● Strategies for connectedness with children and baby, with a focus on parent child connection and relationships. Connection and play ideas for newborn - 1year olds.
● Strategies based on CBT principles for personal growth during parenthood, to assist in looking at thoughts and expectations from a healthy and helpful framework promoting self-help modality. Including strategies for managing feelings such as worry, anxiety, and frustration.
● Strategies for gratitude and reflection, informed by positive psychology principles, to promote positivity and improve mental health.
● Mindfulness strategies throughout the app, supported by a meditation timer to assist with practice sessions and skill rehearsal.
This app is designed to support mental health for new parents including mums, dads, people who identify as part of the LGBT community, single parents, and families. The app is adaptable for the diverse family structures of today’s modern world.
No subscription or in-app purchases are required to use The Compassionate Parent App.
Fixed a swiper text bug.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Growth Pursuit Consulting pty ltd
- 34 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2019 The Compassionate Parent
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.