Stop rummaging through paper tunebooks - turn your iPad or iPhone into a portable tunebook. Quickly search, display and hear thousands of Irish, Scottish, Cape Breton and other tunes for fiddle, flute, bagpipes, banjo, mandolin, concertina or accordion.
Please leave a review or rate the app if you enjoy it - it helps!
- includes a selection of 76 commonly played session tunes (lots more on the Internet!)
- create, play and print sets of tunes
- import ABC notation via iTunes, cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox, email or the internet
- bagpipe notation for tunes with HP or Hp key
- search online or on your iPad or iPhone
- online search results can be quickly imported into your library
- simple playback with tempo control and looping
- choose flute, whistle, fiddle, banjo, guitar, piano, harp or accordion
- create and edit ABC notation on your iPad with a keyboard extension to simplify entry
- external keyboard fully supported
- share via email as ABC notation or PDF
- open as a PDF in other applications
Fixed a few crashing bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Well designed and well organized
I have been using this ABC player, version 2.1, for many months, and strongly recommend it. It is simple and easy to use.
It is easy to add tunes to your library, either from the web, or by cut-and-paste from email, or manually by keyboard. The smart search makes it easy to find tunes in your library or on the web. The search will find partial matches as you type, and will match on any words in any title tag (T in ABC notation). I have many tunes with two title tags, where the second tag is the subtitle, and it is very handy to search across all titles and subtitles.
When playing a tune, the app will use the tempo specified in the ABC notation (the Q tag), which means you don’t need to fuss with the slider to adjust the tempo. I love that feature! If the tune doesn’t have a tempo specified, you can always use the slider. (One nice improvement would be to have a bigger slider, and I understand that is coming in another release. )
It is easy to email a tune to someone, open a tune as a PDF, open it as ABC notation for editing, or print it. Overall, it’s a great app.
Larry Hohm, Seattle
Great App got better
I started with the old app and loved that I could take my new tunes with me on my phone to learn and practice anywhere.
The new features made it that much easier. Now I can hear the tunes “at speed” (as I’d eventually play them) with the note stress feature. I’m also using it on my iPad to notate as well. Bravo Macaulay!
Simple, Functional, and Effective
This is a simple, functional, and effective app for finding, learning, and editing traditional tunes in abc notation.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wil Macaulay
- 63.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © wil macaulay
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.