The new Dallas Morning News app combines two apps into one. Our ePaper and live News feed are now together in one app.
In the ePaper section, you’ll find:
• A digital replica of the print edition to give you all the news you need each day
• Additional ePaper-only bonus content, including extra comics and puzzles
• The option to download the paper and read offline later
In the News feed section, you’ll find:
• A constantly updated news feed, allowing you to keep track of breaking news and investigations throughout the day
• A redesigned news feed experience, making it easier to navigate to the news you care about
• Options to remember the stories that matter to you, with article action buttons that allow you to bookmark, save and share articles
• Alerts and Notifications — be the first to know breaking news, from a trusted and verified source
• Text Size Customization — read more comfortably, with the ability to increase/decrease article font sizes
• Preference settings that give you more customization than ever before, to get the news in the format you like.
Terms and Conditions: https://www.dallasnews.com/help/terms-of-service/
New updates and general bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Wow, much improved app!
I had used this app and subscribed to the DMN previously and I enjoyed it, but didn’t think the user interface was good enough to warrant paying the subscription price.
Today, I downloaded the app and re-subscribed. What a difference! This app is superb on both my iPad and my iPhone. Now, it’s definitely worth the subscription price. And I like the convenience of paying for it via my Apple account, rather than the hassle of paying DMN directly.
By the way, what hooked me was that DMN recently became part of the Apple News+ app. When that happened and I began seeing and enjoying DMN news articles in Apple News+, it prompted me to check into getting all DMN news in their own app.
Don’t buy this. It doesn’t work
I had this unbelievable subscription price for the DMN through iTunes for several years. Almost every time my subscription automatically renewed I could no longer get access. Don’t bother calling the DMN for this issue. They always point back to iTunes as 3rd party and it’s iTunes fault so deal with them. After more than an hour online with apple support the very nice tech did everything he could to get my access restored to no avail. He sent me back to DMN even though I assured him they would send me back to Apple. I cannot tell you how many customer service reps and supervisors I talked to at DMN mostly because they put me on hold only for my call to be dropped and I had to call back and go through the hassle again. The iTunes deal looks like a good deal and all warm and fuzzy with DMN but the customer service reps at DMN won’t help you and will only sell you their current deal which amounts to more than 4 times the iTunes deal per year for the ePaper only. I wish the iTunes deal would work but it no longer does. I am not complaining about the apple rep who did everything possible to get my subscription to work to no avail. I am complaining about the agreement between iTunes and the DMN who will not recognize the commitment they made.
Reading the DMN from my iPad was something I resisted. I like the tactile feeling of holding a newspaper and the sound of the crackling paper. The Coronavirus came and grabbing the DMN that has been wrapped in plastic, shove in a car with a person breathing on them, plus who knows how many have touched it, so iPad was great alternative. Low and behold, I have enjoyed the app. Easy to read. Easy to zoom in small print or isolate an entire article to read. So this old guy is now in 21st century, but still will enjoy a real paper as time allows. Some good from COVID or enjoying my options.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- A.H. Belo Management Services, Inc.
- 103.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 A. H. Belo Corp.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $12.99
- 6 Month Subscription $64.99