From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — The Detroit News app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 3 months for just 99¢ per month ($9.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.detroitnews.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• More Personalization: We're adding in greater flexibility and new features to help you follow the topics most relevant to you for upcoming events. Keep a look out for more "My Topics" around big events coming soon.
• More Stories: We're now showing only our latest published content in the More Stories section to keep you up to date on what's happening now.
• As always, we've fixed some bugs and improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app, hate the update
Thoroughly enjoy using the app and having access to great content. However since the last update I’ve been experiencing an issue. If I’m in the middle of an article and my phone lock screen comes on (e.g. if I don’t touch the screen for a certain amount of time), when I swipe back in the article automatically returns to the beginning/top of the page. Very annoying for longer articles having to go back through and find my place. Please fix!
Soo Sad …
Are used to love reading your paper karma but now that you need a subscription for most everything, I’m pretty much turned off to the newspaper. It’s much easier to go to another website and read all you want for free without being interrupted and trying to pick and choose between the subscription rate. It’s a shame because I think you’re losing so much in customer satisfaction and an advertising due to asking for the money I still read your paper from time to time but it’s dropped off 95%. It’s just not worth the time and effort to filter through to what you can read easily on 100 other websites. Thanks for all the years you’ve given me and I’ve been joyed your paper
So much better
To echo some other reviews the News is so much more balanced than the Free Press which I found almost impossible to read- the journalists (if you can call them that) were just about their own personal feelings devoid of any facts - figures since they are a branch of USA TODAY - the News gives a good perspective and analysis. Enjoying the read so far.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 191.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Detroit News Digital Access $9.99
- Ad-Free Monthly $2.99
- Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.