Dig into our planet and the forces that shape it. Trigger earthquakes! Make volcanos erupt! Discover fossils. Investigate plate tectonics, weathering, erosion, and more!
This app this for all junior geologists.
***** Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice *****
The Earth is an interactive model that lets kids study geology and ecology. Kids explore and play with the geological forces that change the Earth—above and below the surface, in minutes and over millions of years. Kids can also learn about conservation as they test clean energy sources, clean up beaches, and preserve forests.
The Earth is No. 5 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library. Each Explorer’s Library app lets kids explore the invisible and awesome wonders of STEM. Kids (and kids at heart!) develop foundational science literacy.
"This is a great way to let children informally and playfully discover some of the big ideas they’ll encounter later on in their school curriculum. Apps like this one are good reminders for why you spent hundreds of dollars on a phone or tablet for your child." — Warren Buckleitner, editor, Children's Technology Review
* Investigate how landforms are created.
* See the Earth transform over time, from a sphere of boiling rock to the continents we live on today.
* Dig under the surface and observe the Earth’s layers from the crust to core.
* Weather, erode, and deposit rocks and sediment. Shape the land with your fingertips!
* Make a river meander. Make a glacier recede and advance. Create sand dunes, sea stacks, and beaches. Trigger a rockslide!
* Discover fossils as you investigate rock formations.
* See how plants weather the Earth by making your own garden.
* Discover mysteries like frost wedging, stalactites and stalagmites, and hotspots.
* Experiment with four different types of volcanoes.
* Earth Day ecology bonus interactions about conservation: test clean energy sources, clean up beaches, and preserve forests.
* Learn new vocabulary in 40+ languages with interactive labels in close-up scenes.
* Original artwork by Sarah Jacoby.
* Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
* Entertaining for kids and adults alike — play together and learn together!
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction tips, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child. We do not allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is not collected or distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make apps for curious, creative, and kind kids.
We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! If you have ideas, or something isn’t working as you expect it to, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Psst! It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop. :)
Updated for the new iPads and iOS15!
Ratings and Reviews
Part digital toy and part planetary handbook, The Earth gives kids insight into the workings of our world in a way that’s delightfully intuitive and fun. From rockslides to earthquakes to erupting volcanoes, these artful interactive dioramas respond to tapping and swiping with results that are both whimsical and educational. An accompanying guide for parents and teachers delves into the technical science behind all these phenomena, but kids can explore, experiment, and absorb earthly knowledge at their own pace.
Very fun but one thing that I don’t understand
So the game is super fun but in the age of earth how do you swipe to even go back in time? And the rest is to complicated
Amazing interactive app
We absolutely LOVE this app in our family... and I mean the whole family loves it. I originally bought it because my daughter wanted to know more about volcanoes, but we are so far past that now. She has been playing with it every day for over a month and is still discovering new layers and things that it does. As a parent, I love the fact that it’s strictly science-based (no cartoons or characters or “kid stuff” which is usually irritating after ta while) and all the sound effects serve a purpose. Planning to buy more Tinybop apps in the near future. Well worth the money!!
Developer Response ,
Hi! We are so happy to hear that your whole family is enjoying The Earth and that her interest in volcanoes was able to extend to other geological features! Please email us at email@example.com with any additional feedback or questions!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tinybop Inc.
- 461.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Game Controller
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malayalam, Manx, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © Tinybop Inc., 2021
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.