The digital edition of the The Economist weekly magazine with audio,
Users on iOS 10.3 or above can explore an expanded version of this app, incorporating daily and weekly updates, along with a morning briefing by searching for ‘The Economist’.
Readers can access their essential global briefing on current affairs, business, finance, economics, science, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
Download the free app to:
• Enjoy three free articles a week, including the cover leader
• Enjoy the content of the weekly newspaper in an easy-to-use format
• Save articles to read offline later
• Get alerts when the new issue is available along with notifications on cover stories, breaking news and analysis.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps
• Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
• The app presents a great digital native reading experience for readers allowing for font size changes, Night Mode and other convenient user friendly qualities.
In today’s changing world, the one thing that’s certain is uncertainty. Make sense of it all with The Economist.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON IPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
- Jump straight to your favourite sections using our new section navigation button
Ratings and Reviews
Split-Screen upgrade please!
The quality here is second to none and I usually reserve my Saturdays to catch up on the weekly news. Only thing keeping the app from 5-stars is the lack of split-screen feature. I’m big on multi-tasking and don’t like how I can’t split the screen on this app. Otherwise, great content.
App is a piece of crap: I would fire people who are in charade of digital
I like the magazine, which contains a lot of shallow analysis for a trained economist (we make fun of Economist all the time), but better than other options. The problem is that the implementations of digital edition is so poor. They do not understand some people do not get subscription through Apple (they cannot recognize subscription obtained not via Apple). A lot of ads interfere with the article,s making impossible to read some articles due to ads. I see that Economist is also going down, slowly compared with other old media, but steadily, unless they change people in charge of digital.
I love this magazine it gives you a more international and cosmopolitan insight.
Helps to have better information about the world
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 24.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2019
- In-App Purchases
- The Economist $39.99
- The Economist $129.99
- The Economist $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.