This is the legacy edition of The Economist app.
About in-app subscriptions:
• You can subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You’ll be charged in your local currency at the current rate according to iTunes
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account after you purchase a subscription
Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage this in your iTunes account settings at any time, but you’ll need to update your subscription at least 24 hours before your renewal date if you don’t want to be charged again
• Within 24 hours of your renewal date, your subscription will be charged at a cost of £55.99 / $55.99 / €85.99 (for a quarterly subscription) or £179.99 / $189.99 / €279.99 (for an annual subscription)
• This app may offer a free trial—after it’s over, you’ll be charged the full price of your subscription. You’ll need to cancel 24 hours before your subscription ends to avoid being charged
Audio player improvements following customer feedback.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, but Needs Newsstand
First of all, I know that some people have been complaining about it not recognizing their subscription, but I personally haven't had that problem at all and it does have an in-app announcement in the "user guide" section that acknowledges the problem and asks those people having issues to contact customer support, so it's not like their development team is just ignoring the problem.
Secondly, I have to say that I love this app. They seem to have done a great job recreating the experience of flipping through the pages of a magazine, but still added the conveniences that reading magazines on an ipad allows, such as the ability to zoom in/out and a quick access table of contents that allows you to jump to any article right at the front. The quality of writing is superb as always, and the pictures look great. Overall, I love reading The Economist on my ipad.
The only problem I have is that the app isn't in newsstand, which isn't a huge problem, but I would really like to have all of my magazine apps in one place. If the developers could get the app into newsstand I would say it's perfect, but until then only 4 stars from me.
Listening to the audio content is not easy anymore
The last versions made the listening of the audio content very difficult. Creating a play list is not practical. Moving from one issue to another issue makes the audio lists very messy.
The earlier versions were much more easy to use.
It no longer plays the audio. Stopped working.
We used to listen through the articles. Now it is silent and will not load.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 17.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2020
- In-App Purchases
- The Economist $39.99
- The Economist $129.99
- The Economist $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.