Our global coverage offers distinctive insight and incisive analysis. Start your 7-day free trial now.*
Each week over 1.5m subscribers trust The Economist to help them make sense of the world and the news. Join them by downloading The Economist app.
The app includes a daily selection of the best of our journalism, along with the full weekly version of The Economist newspaper to read or listen to on the go.
Already a subscriber to The Economist? Simply install the app and sign in with your Economist login details.
The Economist is an award-winning, trusted filter on global affairs, offering in-depth analysis of everything from business, finance and politics to science, technology and economics. It covers every region of the world including the United States, Britain, Europe, Asia and Latin America and it excels at big topics, from climate change and sustainability to the future of work and globalisation. The Economist is also available as a weekly magazine.
• Top stories: the latest news analysis combined with highlights from the weekly issue
• Economist The World in Brief: a short morning briefing on the day’s global news
• The Economist weekly edition: full access to the weekly version of The Economist newspaper
• The audio version of the weekly edition to listen to on the go
• A selection of our podcasts, including The Intelligence, a daily burst of illumination from The Economist’s worldwide network of correspondents
• A morning briefing on the day ahead
• Timely analysis of the world’s biggest news stories, updated by the end of the day
• The weekly edition available from 9 pm every Thursday evening London time
• Audio versions of the weekly edition read by professional broadcasters
• Reading times highlighted on each article
• Bookmarks to save articles for later or create personal reading lists
• Subscribe in-app and take advantage of our introductory subscription offer
• Subscribe in-app and take advantage of our 7-day free trial
• At the end of the trial, the subscription will automatically renew onto a monthly subscription at the standard price. Annual and quarterly subscriptions are also available in some regions
• You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by Apple. Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase
• All subscriptions automatically renew. Your account will be charges 24 hours before the renewal date, at a cost of £19.99/$19.99/€24.99 for a monthly subscription
This update allows you to edit your audio queue. Once you’ve built an audio queue, tap ‘Edit queue’ on the large player to delete or reorder tracks.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, fantastic content and journalism.
I’m new to The Economist after a suggestion from a relative. My goal was to be more purposeful and engaged in the content that I consume and break the habit of endless scrolling of news headlines via Twitter, Google’s and Apple’s customized news outlets. I find myself actually wanting to read the content published by The Economist rather than skimming headlines. I enjoy learning about what’s going on around the world rather than being inundated by insignificant headlines that make many of the other news outlets’ front pages just to get clicks. It’s a completely different experience. For times when I can’t read the content, like while driving, or if I want to consume some of their longer form content but want to give my eyes a rest from screen fatigue, it’s nice they offer users the option to listen to the content as well. The daily Espresso emails are short bursts of content in the AM while I have my coffee and then throughout the day I can read further the content that I’m interested in. Thanks The Economist!
Suggestion for future app improvements:
(1) Give users the ability to double tap the “Home” button at the bottom to quickly jump to the top of the page.
(2) Give users the ability to better organize their Saved content. Either give them ways to create folders to organize their content, or the capability to apply “tags” to the content.
Very unbiased, Economics is the perspective
I love this mag. I mean I really do (Econ Major at UCO btw). The only complaint I have is the excess of ads despite me paying the full price. Otherwise I think that this is the most worthwhile news source to date. A lot of people used to consider The Economist to be a conservative newspaper, but truly I tell you that it has done a 180 in 2020, they really just use economics alone as their guiding subject. They were supporting the vaccine when it was first out and mostly a political issue. They don’t pander to leftists or conservatives very often or really at all. Also they take good critical letters from respected individuals in their letters section. I truly enjoy disagreeing with an article and then finding someone smarter than me who wrote exactly why it is wrong, I could go on and on about this magazine. I love the formatting (shorter less fiddly articles, with all of the facts and as little opinion as possible) and I’m definitely a lifelong customer as long as that Economist quality is retained. I also really enjoy how the economist never says we think that (…) they always say this is the way to fix it or just state things how they are based on economic indications. There is actual evidence to back up economics, rather than some crazy conservative conspiracy theory, or a radical leftist rant. I don’t think they’re always right but this leads to a level of honesty. Excellent customer service also.
News, but better.
I never personally thought I’d be writing a review for a news app. I’m a 21 year old college student and generally skeptical of news organizations. After taking a class with a heavy usage of Economist articles, I see why my professor uses them in his lesson plans: they’re factual. After multiple months of contemplating whether or not to get a subscription, I finally pulled the trigger. The app is almost seamless, minus a few features I wish I could have in the app like a search option and a viewing history for easier access to show my friends the articles (I wish I could give you all a half star less for this, but I’ll go with 5 stars because I enjoy the content so much). I feel as though I can put my trust in The Economist because they deliver the news in a digestible and palatable way. I enjoy being able to audibly listen to articles and understanding what’s going on in the world.
If you’re tired of traditional American news companies like NBC, Fox, CBS, CNN, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and many others, then try out The Economist. The Economist offers a new level of detail, honesty, factuality, and trust that I appreciate when it comes to news reporting. I intend to resubscribe for more after my introductory subscription. The Economist (as far as I understand) does not do editorials or opinion pieces. They offer well thought out news reporting and a deeper understanding of current events.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 40.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $19.99
- Three month subscription $55.99
- One year subscription $199.99