Enter the Enchanted Cave, collecting artifacts, stat gems and gold as you fight to reach floor 100! Use the Escape Wings to teleport out and recover, then head back in with powerful artifacts to delve deeper into the cave each time.
Improvements from the flash game:
- User interface completely redone for small touchscreens.
- Tap to move where you want to go with smart pathfinding - you won't walk into a monster unless you tap their exact square.
- Fast-find an item in your inventory by tapping it when you open a chest.
- A "Sell Junk" button in the shop to quickly sell all of your non-artifact, non-potion old equipment.
- Damage and Magic formulas simplified and re-balanced (Attack magic is useful now!).
- Magic window to allow you quickly cast a spell without opening your inventory.
- Potions window to quickly use potions without opening your inventory.
- Saving can be anywhere in the cave to be picked up later. Auto saves each floor.
- Walk on empty gold bags.
- Low-life warning.
- New title screen.
- Higher stairs contrast.
- Faster movement.
Developer updates on future games:
Air compiler update to 25 for performance and compatibility improvements for newer devices
Ratings and Reviews
Simple but addictive!
The concept behind this game is very simple, but don't let that fool you. There's quite a bit of strategizing to be had, more so as you progress. I lost twice to the final challenge, but learned my lesson, came properly prepared and emerged victorious the third time. Don't forget you can inspect monsters without fighting, and change gear prior to combat to reduce lost HP. The artifacts are quite varied, and open up many more options. Best of all, it's quite satisfying to one-hit kill a monster that used to give you so much trouble before. Great game!
Dip your toes into the "rouge" genre
This is probably the first rouge-like game I ever played, granted that wasn't very long ago, but I still enjoy it.
What you are buying is a sort of resource management game. Most of the game's flow involves diving down a dungeon's multiple floors until you almost die and then warping back to the entrance to make all your upgrades permanent. This game may be considered too easy, but that's because it is depending on how you play it. The highest tension moments come when you are low on health and deep in dungeon, wondering if you should teleport out or try for another stat upgrade or artifact and risk losing everything you from that run.
The Enchanted Cave is a good game but falls short to it’s more polished sequel that includes story elements, skill trees, and crafting.
If you are looking for a game to pass the time or got tired of the sequel, The Enchanted Cave will offer hours of gameplay.
- Dustin Auxier
- 36.7 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 Dustin Auxier
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.