The Florida Times-Union, the First Coast's No. 1 source of news and information, offers a sleek, intuitive app for your iPhone and iPad.
The app is free to download and run; however, a digital membership is required to access its content. Those with All-Access Membership can log in when prompted.
With the Florida Times-Union app, you can:
• Download the day's Jacksonville news and read it on your smartphone or tablet, online or offline.
• Get breaking news throughout the day.
• Take advantage of "plus" content, such as videos, slideshows and Web links.
• Email a story to a friend or share it on a variety of social media outlets.
bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can’t leave ad pages
The ads every other page are annoying enough but if you accidentally hit one there is no way to leave the ad without turning off my iPad. If I try to go offline my iPad tells me I am not connected to the internet and Safari cannot access the requested page.
Sick of this app
I have had enough. The changes that have been made in the last couple years have really irritated me. When it first came out it was great to use and I had a hard time losing my paper copy. Now I am so sick of this app I would welcome it back. The last straw for me is the current issue I have, constant and I mean constant pop ups of video ads. Yes, they come up every couple minutes, so esteems seconds and require me to X out. This happens maybe 10 or more times while reading the paper. I have decided that when my current paid subscription expires, that’s it, I’m done and WILL NOT renew. I may even cancel early as reading the paper makes me have a bad start to my day. Additionally, the paper is so full of garbage now it’s not even worth reading. Goodbye times union..
Unreliable and frustrating!
The app locks up. I have to delete and reinstall. After reinstalling, it tells me there are updates available and locks up again. When the app is working (not often!), it won’t load the current day’s paper. There is no way that I can find to log out and log back in.... only able to uninstall and start all over again. So frustrating when all I want to do is take a quick look at the morning’s paper. With more and more people reading their news online, the Times Union really needs to get a better app. Given the terrible reviews and rating, I’m wondering if they even monitor the feedback.
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- 46.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © The Florida Times-Union
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.