From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Gainesville Sun app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get one month for 99¢ ($9.99/month after), or $59.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.gainesville.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• More Personalization: We're adding in greater flexibility and new features to help you follow the topics most relevant to you for upcoming events. Keep a look out for more "My Topics" around big events coming soon.
• More Stories: We're now showing only our latest published content in the More Stories section to keep you up to date on what's happening now.
• As always, we've fixed some bugs and improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
My Gainesville Sun experience
I bought a digital subscription to the Sun hoping it would resolve the unbelievably difficult experience I was having with my GatorSports app. I have been a huge fan of Pat Dooley and Robbie Andreu for years.
Try getting in touch with a live person on the phone. I know I could use the Internet, but A. I am old and B. I cannot
type as fast as I think(Covid Brain Disorder).
Sun review app
Problems at first as the app would shut down but seems to be working now.
Don’t waste your money!
What a dope I am. I paid for a 12 month Apple subscription via the App Store. However the G’ville Sun app refuses to recognize the subscription. Both Gatehouse/Gannett (they own the Sun) and the Sun people I contacted were worthless.
Through trial and error I learned that if you delete the app and then reload it, it restores your quota of free stories. So every day I delete and download it. Everything was better when the paper was owned by the New York Times
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- 191.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Gainesville Sun monthly $9.99
- Gainesville Sun annual $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.