Apple "Mac Game of Year" 2018
Apple Design Award Winner 2019
The Gardens Between is a single-player adventure-puzzle game about time, memory and friendship.
Best friends Arina and Frendt fall into a series of vibrant, dreamlike island gardens peppered with everyday objects from their childhood. Together they embark on an emotional journey that examines the significance of their friendship: the memories they’ve built, what must be let go, and what should never be left behind.
Lost in a mysterious realm where cause and effect are malleable, the friends find that time flows in all directions. Manipulate time to solve puzzles and reach the apex of each isle. Follow the duo as they unpack and explore their significant moments spent together, lighting up constellations and illuminating threads of a bittersweet narrative.
• Vibrant, storybook-inspired art style
• Dreamy tale of adventure, friendship and growing-up
• Gorgeous single player experience with a meaningful story
• Bespoke ingenious puzzles require the manipulation of time to solve
• More than twenty mysterious and surreal garden islands to explore
• Accessible design; simple controls, and no text, speech, time pressure or complex UI
• Playtime: Roughly 2 ~ 4 hours depending on puzzle solving confidence
• Relaxing, ambient soundtrack by feature-artist Tim Shiel
• Nominated for an IGF 2018 award in Visual Excellence, amongst 19 other international award nominations
• Named one of the most ‘highly anticipated titles of 2018’ by Polygon and lauded as one of ‘18 indie games to look forward to in 2018’ by Destructoid
• Featured in numerous festivals including; Indie MEGABOOTH (PAX East, West), IndieArena, IGF, IGF China, Out of Index, ACMI, PAX AUS Showcase, Unity Showcase and BIC Fest
• Optimised and Beautified for Apple Silicon M1 & M2
• Sync your iCloud saves with the iPhone & iPad versions of the game
• Improved Gamepad Support
• Added DisplayP3 & HDR support
• New Updated Icon
• New GameCenter Achievements Display
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful Story-driven Game!
Beautiful game, poignant story! The puzzles were were different, and not overly complex, but enjoyable to figure out and perfectly suited to the style and atmosphere of the game. (Had they been harder, it would have been less enjoyable, in my opinion.)
The price was bit more than I would normally pay for a game of this length (hence the 4 stars), but still worth it, in my opinion.
Expensive But Maybe Worth It
Unfortunately this game is pretty pricey but I’m hoping the developers have created a game that is just as fun to play as it is beautiful to look at. Learning curve is non-existent as you easily find your way around. I’ll get back with you as things evolve! I’ve given the rating 4 stars hoping I will eventually give it a five. Stay tuned!
Beautiful Game but really short.
Really unique game mechanics, and beautiful graphics. It was just REALLY short. I think I played it end to end in 2 hours. Kind quick for a 20$ game don't ya think ?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- THE VOXEL AGENTS PTY. LTD.
- 694.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 The Voxel Agents.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.