*** FULL VERSION FEATURES:
· SEARCH by Product Name, Brand or Category , over 500,000 products (80,000 GLUTEN-FREE)
· The “DISCOVER GLUTEN FREE” option is a great way to discover your new gluten free favorites!
· DINING CARD / TRAVEL CARDS, to eat safely in restaurants domestically and abroad
· SEARCHABLE LIST OF SAFE/UNSAFE INGREDIENTS (for shopping, cooking, restaurants)
· UNLIMITED SCANS
#1 GLUTEN FREE APP on the USA App Store
Enjoy the Gluten Free living with the best app. It works simply and fast, using your iPhone camera to scan the barcodes of the products you buy. We maintain up-to-date the largest database of food and drink products of the US, to detect the presence of gluten. Over 500,000+ products and growing.
Our team of registered dietitians, nutritionists and researchers take care of the accuracy of the database.
** USER REVIEWS **
- Deborah Hurd: "A family member was recently diagnosed with celiac disease and this app has been a life saver"
- Elisabeth Kendall: "The best app I found for GF. Super handy when shopping!"
- Foregone Conclusion: "Perfect app. So quick to scan. Big window so you don't have to align a thin tiny bar"
- John Humeniuk: "Simple to use and extremely helpful. I used this app to check on products as we grocery shopped and found it to be an invaluable resource"
Every scan will be analyzed on four levels, to provide greater information and protection. This enables you to make a more informed decision as to whether or not to try the product.
This enables you to make a more informed decision as to whether or not to try the product.
We have plans for new features in the future and always welcome your suggestions.
- BIG UPDATE in the SEARCH option, now you can search over the full database: +500,000 products (80,000 Gluten-Free)
- All the lists have images of the products, to take a quick look before enter the screen with all the details
- We’ve increased the number of suggested products when appears the message "Barcode not found"
- Other improvements
Please take a minute to leave a nice review in the App Store: it really helps.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
i like it but
i was recently diagnosed with Celiac a few months ago and this app has been very helpful in finding new snacks and foods and saving time finding them. however, the app has started to mess up in the way that i’ll want to scan something so i open it, it takes me to the search part, and i click on the scanner. but when i tap on it, it immediately pulls up “no internet connection found” even when i’m at home on wifi so i have to close the app and go back in to make it work which gets very frustrating when i’ve spent $4 on this app. i’m not sure if it’s just my phone or if it’s a problem with the app. i also don’t like that when i search something and click on an item, i click to go back and it takes me all the way to the top of the list. other than that, it’s a good app and it has been helpful in finding new foods to eat
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! Glad to know that our app is useful for you in finding new snacks and foods and saving time finding them 🙂 When appears the message “No Internet connection found” at home on wifi, if you tap the “ok” button, what happens? Please let us know more details at firstname.lastname@example.org . About the back button in the Search option, we are working in a solution to come back to the same product that we will publish in the next release, with other improvements. Thanks in advance!
Advertisers should take note of this app
Cons: the “no internet connection” error message is common and annoying. Everyone I know with the app experiences it. Happens on WiFi and cell signal. The upside of this issue is I have always been able to correct it by just closing and opening the app.
Unless I am missing it there isn’t an easy way to submit items that aren’t in the database for review so they can see what we’re looking at and get it added.
Also not seeing restaurants and fast food gf menu items.
Pluses: very fast and easy to use. Massive database of food items. Varied results gf/may contain/has gluten, trustworthiness, and a lot of suggested gf food to look through like cookies etc.
If you are shopping for gf this app is a must, period.
I think the app is missing a lot of involvement from restaurants, fast food, and tons of the gf products in the database. Many restaurants, pizza places, fast food etc are adding gf or are totally gf. Why aren’t they in this app? I would love to be able to see a list of gf restaurants, bakeries and menu items/options for fast food etc on this app. Their marketing departments should look to participate in this app to make it a one stop shop for gf and get more exposure too.
But again, if you want or need gf, this is the best app for you. We have used it for a long time and scanned many hundreds of items.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your feedback! We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our app.
Usually, the “no internet connection” message appears due to a weak or irregular signal at the store. Some stores are in metal framed buildings causing a Faraday Cage effect, that may block the phone signal. If the app shows this message at your home and you’re sure that the connection of your iPhone is working fine, feel free to contact us at email@example.com 🙂
As an exclusive option of the Full version, we save automatically all the scanned products that aren’t in the database (only the barcode numbers, to preserve the privacy) . In this way, we can give them priority in the research and review process 🙂
Very useful but...
This is a great app. We have celiac in our household and this can save hours of time in the grocery store which is where I use it most (especially if you’re newly diagnosed). In fact, I scanned an item marked GF and it came up “can contain gluten.” Yikes! But, also a couple of drawbacks:
- I can tap on an item in the History tab, but there is no “back” button; so when when I go back to the History it always goes back to the top of the page instead of where I left off.
- Like others, the same items that are not in the free version are also not in the full version. My husband has the free version and I have the paid version (same type phones also) so we try it on both.
Other than that, I would highly recommend this app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sharing your experience with the app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.