*** FULL VERSION FEATURES:
· SEARCH by Product Name, Brand or Category , over 500,000 products (80,000 GLUTEN-FREE)
· The “DISCOVER GLUTEN FREE” option is a great way to discover your new gluten free favorites!
· DINING CARD / TRAVEL CARDS, to eat safely in restaurants domestically and abroad
· SEARCHABLE LIST OF SAFE/UNSAFE INGREDIENTS (for shopping, cooking, restaurants)
· UNLIMITED SCANS
#1 GLUTEN FREE APP on the USA App Store
Enjoy the Gluten Free living with the best app. It works simply and fast, using your iPhone camera to scan the barcodes of the products you buy. We maintain up-to-date the largest database of food and drink products of the US, to detect the presence of gluten. Over 500,000+ products and growing.
Our team of registered dietitians, nutritionists and researchers take care of the accuracy of the database.
** USER REVIEWS **
- Deborah Hurd: "A family member was recently diagnosed with celiac disease and this app has been a life saver"
- Elisabeth Kendall: "The best app I found for GF. Super handy when shopping!"
- Foregone Conclusion: "Perfect app. So quick to scan. Big window so you don't have to align a thin tiny bar"
- John Humeniuk: "Simple to use and extremely helpful. I used this app to check on products as we grocery shopped and found it to be an invaluable resource"
Every scan will be analyzed on four levels, to provide greater information and protection. This enables you to make a more informed decision as to whether or not to try the product.
This enables you to make a more informed decision as to whether or not to try the product.
We have plans for new features in the future and always welcome your suggestions.
- BIG UPDATE in the SEARCH option, now you can search over the full database: +500,000 products (80,000 Gluten-Free)
- All the lists have images of the products, to take a quick look before enter the screen with all the details
- We’ve increased the number of suggested products when appears the message "Barcode not found"
- Other improvements
Please take a minute to leave a nice review in the App Store: it really helps.
Ratings and Reviews
i like it but
i was recently diagnosed with Celiac a few months ago and this app has been very helpful in finding new snacks and foods and saving time finding them. however, the app has started to mess up in the way that i’ll want to scan something so i open it, it takes me to the search part, and i click on the scanner. but when i tap on it, it immediately pulls up “no internet connection found” even when i’m at home on wifi so i have to close the app and go back in to make it work which gets very frustrating when i’ve spent $4 on this app. i’m not sure if it’s just my phone or if it’s a problem with the app. i also don’t like that when i search something and click on an item, i click to go back and it takes me all the way to the top of the list. other than that, it’s a good app and it has been helpful in finding new foods to eat
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! Glad to know that our app is useful for you in finding new snacks and foods and saving time finding them 🙂 When appears the message “No Internet connection found” at home on wifi, if you tap the “ok” button, what happens? Please let us know more details at firstname.lastname@example.org . About the back button in the Search option, we are working in a solution to come back to the same product that we will publish in the next release, with other improvements. Thanks in advance!
Very useful but...
This is a great app. We have celiac in our household and this can save hours of time in the grocery store which is where I use it most (especially if you’re newly diagnosed). In fact, I scanned an item marked GF and it came up “can contain gluten.” Yikes! But, also a couple of drawbacks:
- I can tap on an item in the History tab, but there is no “back” button; so when when I go back to the History it always goes back to the top of the page instead of where I left off.
- Like others, the same items that are not in the free version are also not in the full version. My husband has the free version and I have the paid version (same type phones also) so we try it on both.
Other than that, I would highly recommend this app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sharing your experience with the app!
Needs an update
I have a gluten intolerance and this is super helpful. I especially love the scanning option, I do wish that when I went to Ana item, that when I hit the back button, it didn’t send me all the way to the top of the subsection. Example: when I select “candy and chocolate” then scroll down to and select “CASHEW COOKIE”. When I hit the back button, it sends me all the way back to the top of the “candy and chocolate” section. Also, maybe adding a favorites option so when seeing friends or relatives that are not celiac or gluten intolerant you can send them your favorites list of safe seasonings and sauces and other things that you can eat. Just a thought. This really is a great tool to have
Developer Response ,
We really appreciate your feedback about our app. Thanks so much!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.