Guardian Editions is only available to readers with an existing Guardian Digital Subscription.
Visit the Help Centre for help using your Digital Subscription
Experience digital news differently. Beautifully designed and easy to navigate on mobile and tablet, the Guardian Editions brings you the stories that matter every morning.
- A new way to read: the UK newspaper, reimagined for mobile and tablet
- Updated daily: each UK edition is available to read by 6am (GMT), 7 days a week
- Easy to navigate: read cover to cover, or swipe to the sections you care about
- Multiple devices: beautifully designed for your iPhone and iPad
- Read offline: schedule a download and read whenever it suits you
- Ad-free: enjoy The Guardian’s journalism uninterrupted, without adverts
All content in the Guardian Editions app is copyright Guardian News & Media 2023. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
If you have a Digital Subscription, these terms will also apply: https://www.theguardian.com/info/2014/aug/06/guardian-observer-digital-subscriptions-terms-conditions
This release includes the following improvements and fixes:
security updates and maintenance
Ratings and Reviews
Gorgeous, great for offline, but missing sections
I finished the 81 day free trial two months ago, and still come back to this app almost every day. It's perfect for the subway, because there's no need for an active internet connection.
Nonetheless, this is a smaller edited version of the print or online version. While the interface and portability are great, I've occasionally been on Facebook or Twitter and seen a friend post a great article from the guardian from sometime in the last week, only to find that although I had read all 6 iPad editions that week, had not seen the article.
While I was visiting London I bought the paper edition a few times to compare that day's content and the iPad content. The images and text flow much better in the paper edition, and with the online edition the comments are always entertaining. The in-app browser function could be improved too.
Nicest: paper edition
Fullest: online edition
Most portable: iPad edition
Never able to log in
I paid for a subscription through Google and have the bill to prove it. I lost access shortly afterwards (I got a few weeks) was never able to log back in. Attempts to generate a new password always failed, I never received any communication. Tech support at the guardian were completely unhelpful and I was never able to solve the problem. I am glad the money went to a good cause but was astonished by the lack of access and support.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for leaving a review and I am sorry that you have had issues with this. If you have a subscription through Google Play, you will not be able to use this on Apple devices. Please send us an email using the Editions.firstname.lastname@example.org and we should be able to help further.
The Guardian Editions Team
Excess photo/text on front page: why not select other countries?
Guardian news coverage is excellent. Need to change overall front page ratio, smaller or fewer pictures, more text on what the story is about. Or, at least let user pick if the want more pictures or more text. Also, navigation is awkward. Both NY Times and Washington post get balance and navigation better.
Separate issue, why is "Guardian Editions" UK and Australia, and a separate App, "The Guardian" is needed for US coverage?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 22.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Everyday $15.99
- Sixday $12.99
- Sunday (add on) $1.99
- Sunday $8.99