From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the lohud app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.lohud.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
As always, we're fixing bugs and improving performance!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Local news at your fingertips
This is a good app to receive local news at your fingertips. It’s easy to navigate and you can customize the notifications you receive to certain topics that interest you.
The app does send quite a bit of notifications daily even at the minimal settings, but as far as news apps go this is definitely a good choice.
App works seems to work well though I wonder how much management reviews and updates it. One of the major sub headings is “Tappan Zee Bridge”. This bridge was replaced more than two years ago with the Cuomo Bridge.
Search is terrible
I still get a paper (a dinosaur, I know), but once in a while I want to look for an article that I remember reading or forward an article to a friend. The search function simply does not work. Just today I tried searching for an article that I had in front of me and could not locate it in the app. Nor could I find it by looking at the sections of the paper online. Maybe the only thing that shows up in this app is the local news, not what appears in the national section. If so, they at least should make that clear.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 186.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Journal News Digital Subscription $9.99
- The Journal News Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.