Join Chester Racoon in this interactive book app as his mother shares a family secret called The Kissing Hand to help ease his fears about going to school. Explore pictures, learn new vocabulary, and personalize the story with your own narration. A New York Times #1 bestseller, this heartwarming book has become a children's classic, touching the lives of millions of children and their parents, especially at times of separation.
Explore the Story:
- ENCOURAGE literacy skills with highlighted narration
- LEARN new vocabulary with tappable words and pictures
- RECORD your own narration & share it with others
- SELECT a scene with easy-to-use navigation
- KEEP kids in the story with parental controls
Designed for children ages 3-8
The Reviews Are In:
- "4 stars out of 4. Download this one. It is special" - USA Today
- "An essential book app...for any digital library" - Digital Storytime
- "A must-read for all families" - KinderTown
We'd Love To Hear From You!
- Please share your thoughts in a review! Your experience matters to us.
- Need tech support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Say hello to us on FB! facebook.com/oceanhousemedia
Official Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company licensed app.
- optimized for full 64-bit performance
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The Kissing Hand
Love this book for first time school jitters! This book is recommended for both the child and parent.
The Kissing Hand.
My Granddaughter loves this story.
Lovely Book - Perfect for Mother's Day
The Kissing Hand is one of the most lovely tributes to the relationship between a mother and child. In the book, Chester the raccoon is ready to go off to school but is hesitant...he does not want to leave his mother or his comfy daily routine. His mom gives him a gift - a kiss on the hand, that is registered not only on his hand, but is also tucked away in his heart. He gives his mother a kiss also to bring up and savor when she misses him. It is that kiss where all parents can relate and feel many many years after that make this book so special. Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.