Since the release of the new KITE AND WINDSURFING NAVIGATOR+ with more than 1.000 new spots in a single app for iPhone and iPad, this edition of the NAVIGATOR does not allow any further purchases. You may of course continue to restore and use the app for free with all your previously acquired spot infos.
You may download and test the new NAVIGATOR+ for free. If you have purchased a EUROPE or WORLD bundle in the ‘old’ NAVIGATOR app and restored them as shown above, upgrade prices will be automatically available in the new NAVIGATOR+. You’ll get the latest EUROPE or WORLD spot info bundle and all new features on the iPhone for a discount of 50%.
The KITE AND WINDSURFING NAVIGATOR is the world’s first and only comprehensive spot guide on the iPhone. With accurate first-hand local information and every launch precisely located in AppleMaps, your iPhone will guide you straight to over 2,750 spots worldwide, be they in Cornwall, Cape Town or Hawaii.
This App also delivers up-to-the-minute, dependable WindGuru forecasts and best wind alerts for every location to guarantee you’ll always be at the ideal spot, whatever the conditions. Plus there are in-depth explanations of wind, wave and weather patterns throughout the year so it’s easy to plan the best time to visit. THE KITE AND WINDSURFING NAVIGATOR also offers honest travel information on what to expect of the region and all of those essential tips for a successful trip. Last but not least the App provides full access to the KITE AND WINDSURFING DIRECTORY with over 2,200 local contact details and links.
• over 2,750 spots in 200 regions worldwide
• precise geo-coordinates and AppleMaps for all spots
• intuitive icons – spot characteristics at a glance
• up-to-the-minute WindGuru forecasts and prime wind alerts for all spots
• Spot search for your current location (radius 25-125km / 15-150 miles)
• personal favourites
• contains all spot info from the legendary KITE AND WINDSURFING GUIDES (edition 2011)
• best time for your trip and essential travel tips for all WORLD regions
• KITE AND WINDSURFING DIRECTORY containing over 2,200 local contact details
Enjoy the ride and keep getting stoked!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
The NAVIGATOR finally with support of iOS 8 and the new iPhone screen sizes. This is the last update of the app.
As we have released the new KITE AND WINDSURFING NAVIGATOR+ with more than 1.000 new spots in a single app for iPhone and iPad, this edition of the NAVIGATOR does not allow any further purchases. You may of course continue to restore and use the app for free with all your previously acquired spot infos.
Ratings and Reviews
Pricey, but The best kite atlas
Initially I wrote a pretty harsh review of this app because I thought $2.99 per regional guide was steep and couldn't find any samples. It turns out that the cape town region is loaded for free, and after browsing through it I have to say the app is really well done. I especially like the addition of the windguru forecast to each region. I bought both hard cover editions of these guides and love them. I think for traveling, buying the region you are going to would be great to have in your pocket.
Things that would make this a 5 star app:
- more additional content to the books, maybe a way to upload user or community comments on each spot
- more free content, even if it was just a skeleton overview of the spots and making premium content for purchase
- slightly lower prices to purchase regions, although if you don't own the books I think this is well worth it.
- hopefully a commitment to future updates and new regions. How about Michigan?!
All in all a great app especially when traveling.
Best Kite/Windsurfing App for Traveling!
I reviewed The Kite and Windsurfing Navigator V1.0 in March 2011 and was very impressed with the app.
Since its release I’ve been using version 1.1 at home on Oahu as well as the mainland. For the last month and a half I’ve used the app in Europe (Germany, France, Italy and Austria). The accuracy and quality of the spot info, Google maps, travel tips and real-time wind forecasts have made my kiting trip to Europe trip epic!
At home in the US, between my data plan on my iphone and the availability of wifi in even some of the most remote locales, I have had no problem accessing the info from the app.
In Europe, I set up a pay as you go cell phone plan for my iphone with a flat rate for data in Germany. To avoid roaming charges outside of Germany, I have used the wifi at the places I stay or start my day at a McDonald’s or other wifi hotspot, to download the WindGuru info as well as the Google maps for the spots I plan on riding that day.
(While online, I zoom in on the spots so I can later check them on my phone zoomed in when I’m off-line).
I’ve also plugged the Geo coordinates for the day’s kiting spots into my rental car navigation system. (These geo coordinates can be found with the spot info under the details category).
Mahalo Nui to Udo and the Stoked Pub Crew for making “Unkle Krusty’s Old World Kite Tour” a ripping success!!
Attention incomplete app!
Attention the demo on cape cod contains information which is not available with many other subregions. So far I downloaded only the Europe package, but for many sub regions (ex. Canary Islands-Tenerife, or Garda lake, Crete, ..) only the spot info is available in the text mode, while all the other info is otherwise missing, like intro, pros & cons, kite and windsurfing conditions, and travel info. Also in the directory section the restaurant, accomodation, and wheather conditions are often missing.
It will be a wonderful application if complete, but now it can be disappointing.
The developer, stoked publications, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Udo Hoelker
- 29.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © stoked publications
- In-App Purchases
- WORLD GUIDE - english edition $9.99
- Southern Florida - english $2.99
- EUROPE GUIDE - english edition $9.99
- San Francisco Bay Area - english $2.99
- North America - english $9.99
- Central & Southern California - english $2.99
- Cape Cod - english $2.99
- Central Gorge - english $2.99
- Cape Hatteras - english $2.99
- Baja California - english $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.