The MILEPOST® is Alaska’s best-known travel guide. Since 1949, the bible of North Country travel! The MILEPOST® continues to amaze travelers with its usefulness, while they travel northern highways. Now you can enjoy the same publication on your mobile or tablet device. This free app will allow you to make an in-app purchase of The MILEPOST®.
With purchase, The MILEPOST® will be delivered straight to your device—704 pages of the same great content as the print version. Because of the size of The MILEPOST® it's important to allow the entire book to download to your device uninterrupted before you begin to flip through the pages otherwise the download may become corrupt and require internet access to view the pages. If this happens, delete the data and clear keychain for The MILEPOST® app in settings on your device and download the content again through The MILEPOST® app.
The MILEPOST® continues to cover the Alaska Highway as well as all of the main road system highways in Alaska and primary routes in the western Canada Provinces, over 15,000 miles! Interspersed within the mile-by-mile road logs are nearly 700 photos, detailed maps of roads and communities, road conditions and travel tips. Within the pages of The MILEPOST® you will receive information that includes:
*Alaska Marine Highway and B.C. Ferries.
*Regulations regarding border crossings.
*Detailed railroad tours.
*Campgrounds and fishing locations.
*Museums, cultural centers and much more.
Buy The MILEPOST® today and begin planning your Alaskan adventure!
- Tap lock icon to log-in, or tap issue to purchase. Tap issue during download to view.
- Native iPhone X family compatibility
- Added New Menu: Allows quick access to all views in the app from the Issue Gallery (Hub). This will also include social media links and publisher website links.
- New Advertisers View: Advertisers will appear in the same “tile” format as seen in the “Contents View” when accessed from the new Menu.
- iOS 11 & 12 compatibility updates
- Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
- Native 64-bit compliant
Ratings and Reviews
Useless without a high speed connection
I’ve used The Milepost for some 20 years now. I value the information I find in the hardcopy, but the digital version is ONLY useful if you have a high speed internet connection; and, as others have mentioned, it’s a bit cumbersome to search. I had really hoped that the digital version would be a real e-book. But it’s not. Nothing is permanently stored on your device. And since I most often need to use the Milepost when I’m far, far away away from any cell tower, I still have to use the hardcopy. Fortunately, you really only have to buy a new one about every five years. So buy a new one if you need it, download the digital version for quick reference when you’re at work and daydreaming, but be sure to take the hardcopy with you on the road :)!
Can’t log in
Bought the book and wanted the app for easy access on the drive. Logged in to the website and created an account which led me to the app. Downloaded the app and now can’t log in with my information making the app useless since I’m not paying a second time.
Terrible. Do not buy
The Milepost is a great resource but they should be ashamed of this product. Very expensive and does not download. Completely worthless. I am so angry and want my money back.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MCC Magazines
- 36.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2014 Edition) $19.99
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2013 Edition) $19.99
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2016 Edition) $24.99
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2012 Edition) $19.99
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2017 Edition) $24.99
- The MILEPOST Alaska Travel Planner (2015 Edition) $24.99
- The MILEPOST 2018 $24.99
- The MILEPOST 2021 $26.99
- The MILEPOST 2019 $24.99
- The MILEPOST 2020 $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.