Proudly progressive and independent of political parties and corporate interests, The Nation is America's antidote to conventional narratives.
The Nation speaks to an engaged, concerned, and influential audience as a champion of civil liberties, human rights, and economic justice.
Publisher and Editor: Katrina vanden Heuvel
The Nation Magazine Pricing:
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 1.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This release includes bug fixes and general stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
5 stars for content,1 for app
About a year after my original review, the app is still useless. It won't take my login info, but gives me an error message and an email address to contact. When I try the email, I get an error that it isn't valid. I love the magazine, but seriously, this app seems to have zero priority. A real shame. I'm changing my rating down to one star.
My experience is exactly the same as Zimmerman's on Dec 1. I have subscribed to digital+paper, and I logged in. Login is very confusing. I have been able to access some issues , but have tried for days to access the issue that just arrived in hard copy, and it wants to charge me for it or take out another subscription. This is a very important publication that many more people should be reading. Please fix the iPhone app!
You will need a WiFi connection otherwise they are not available and you cannot save for later except by individual arrival. I have a iPad mini which does not offer cellular and it’s the newest model. I like to it on my commute. There also seems to be a disconnect between the magazine and its technology provider. Maz. Although I subscribed it does not recognize my email address. I even changed my password at the Nation website and still no go. My other complaint is, each time you return the app it does not keep your last position. Very annoying. I do love the simplicity. Ability to change the font size would be a plus. The default font auto sizes for the device so the text is still small on a device such as a iPad Air as well as the iPhone.
App does not work
This app does not work, even if you are a subscriber. When you try to log in, it will say that your username/password is incorrect (when it isn’t) or that your subscription has expired (when it hasn’t). This app is not functional. If you try to contact customer service about it, you will get no response to multiple emails and the most argumentative, attitudinal representatives on the phone. This app and its customer service are a mess.
- The Nation Magazine
- 50.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Nation Co LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription $1.99
- Subscription $17.99
- Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.