THE NUMISMATIST is a colorful, high-quality, educational magazine for collectors of coins, tokens, medals and paper money. Published since 1888 by the nonprofit American Numismatic Association (www.money.org), THE NUMISMATIST features 112-120 pages of informative, illustrated articles about the historical and entertaining aspects of numismatics; reports of hobby events and new coinage issues, including the U.S. Mint; and advertising by nationally respected coin dealers.
Terms and Conditions:
- Native iPhone X family compatibility
- Added New Menu: Allows quick access to all views in the app from the Issue Gallery (Hub). This will also include social media links and publisher website links.
- New Advertisers View: Advertisers will appear in the same “tile” format as seen in the “Contents View” when accessed from the new Menu.
- iOS 11 & 12 compatibility updates
- Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Best & Easiest Way to Take It With You
I much prefer the electronic version to the paper copy. It is easy to navigate and zoom in on photos. What really makes this app perfect is the ability to download the issues and read them when ever you want (even if you don't have an Internet connection). I wish all publishers would provide the download function.
What a pleasure to download and read the latest issue of The Numismatist in an instant. Now I can read it on the train, at the airport or in my hotel room. Couldn't be easier to use and everything works well: the pages turn quickly and the zoom feature is a pleasure. Text is sharp and photos stay crisp even when enlarged. Congratulations.
Website woes break it again?
For some time this was working quite nicely for me. However, after not using it for a bit, I came back to it and found that it would simply hang on the opening splash screen. Uninstall and reinstall gives me nothing but authentication failures. This is a pity, as I had been hoping to carry the convention guide around the Philly convention on my iPad.
It all seems a bit fragile, though that may have more to do with ANA website issues than with this app per se.
- American Numismatic Association
- 151.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 American Numismatic Association
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.