Connect to The Olympian newspaper app wherever you are. Receive the latest local and breaking news from Olympia, Lacey, and Tumwater, in the South Sound of Washington. The Olympian report on the local topics you care about, including local weather, traffic, crime, sports, politics and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• Follow the Washington state legislature and local government.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the South Sound.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events.
• The Olympian opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Olympian app comes with complimentary web access to The Olympian site, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first month for $1.99. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $15.99 per month or $159.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The Olympian app, eEdition and web access to The Olympian website.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.theolympian.com/customer-service/terms-of-service/
We have fixed some small bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I absolutely hate this ap. It often takes a very long time to load, it closes on its own when you try to move around in it. Not everything can be viewed such as “what’s happening” and cartoons on the editorial page. Ads pop up without being selected. If you down load to read, you cannot enlarge the print. And there’s no way to get out of the down load. The only reason I have kept it is there are no other options for local news. Looking at the other ratings it appears the Olympian is unconcerned with displeasure with the ap. Read to be done!
A Terrible change to the e-edition app!
The Olympian has changed the e-edition just recently. A huge downgrade of this product. I use The Olympian app on an iPad. Although one can still see the paper like a print version one cannot enlarge the copy without losing part of the page. And the ads are a constant annoyance. Worst for me, one can no longer access previous editions or download an edition to read offline later when there is no internet access. I called customer service. They were off no assistance. Shane on you McClatchy and The Olympian.
First Saturday Newspaper online only
Not as good as holding a paper in your hands. Also has old, old stories, like reading last weeks paper. Why not try a format which copies the format of the actual newspaper? That would be original.
Still attempting to read this “newspaper “. Where are the comics and advice column?What about the crossword? What about this moment in history?
I am old-fashioned, I know, but I savor the old newsprint and paper. (I do appreciate the newer inks.) This app does not present things in a way which is close enough to what I enjoy. It is attempting to copy the other news apps, without having enough to offer to be them.
Please try another approach if you are determined to do this online thing. You can’t compete with Apple News.
Charlotte Ann Barber
- McClatchy Interactive
- 43.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 The Olympian is an affiliate of The McClatchy Company. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Montly Subscription $15.99
- Annual Subscription $159.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.