- #1 Bestseller category "Lifestyle" (Germany)
- #1 Bestseller category "Lifestyle" (Austria)
- #1 Bestseller category "Lifestyle" (Switzerland)
- #1 Bestseller category "Lifestyle (Sweden)
- #1 Bestseller category "Lifestyle" (Netherlands)
- Selected as App Store "Staff Favorite" in USA, UK, Austria and Switzerland.
- Mentioned in german newsmagazine DER SPIEGEL (45/2009) and manager-magazine.
The perfect egg timer with the incredible egg spy: from now on your eggs will be perfect.
Are you tired of eggs that are always too soft or to hard?
No matter where you are or how big your egg is - the perfect egg timer for perfect eggs is the solution!
The perfect egg-timer is based on scientific proof and because every egg is different, the timer calculates the exact cooking time based on egg size, altitude and temperature.
Usage: In order to measure the exact size of your egg, simply place it on your iPhone and set the size using your fingertip for. Determine your current altitude (or let it be determined by GPS), tell your iPhone if you kept your eggs in the freezer or at room temperature and how you would like to have your eggs – soft-boiled, hard-boiled or something in-between.
Place your eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Add enough cold water to just cover the eggs. Bring them to a rapid boil over high heat and start the countdown. The iPhone will signal when the eggs are done. The attraction: The egg spy lets you see the changes inside your boiling egg!
-the formula for the perfect egg-timer is based on physical experiments and studies
- Egg-size can be adjusted to the nearest millimetre (inch): Simply place the egg on the iPhone scale and set the size with your fingertip. It doesn’t get any more accurate than this.
- Automatic change of measurement units between inch or millimeter and fahrenheit or celsisu, depending on language and international settings.
- determine and enter your altitude manually or let it be determined by GPS automatically.
- The egg-spy shows you the inside of your egg during the cooking progress
- Bugfix for iPhone SE (1st generation)
Ratings and Reviews
My soft boiled eggs are perfect each time -- assuming I input the egg size, temperature and altitude correctly.
The only issue I have is that there is no auto rotate on the iPad. The timer app is upside down on my iPad using my case as a stand. Also no portrait mode, only landscape.
Even with the above flaw, it is still the best, most scientific egg timer I've used.
App needs to be fixed. Does not notify you when done if phone is locked!
Nice graphics but big usability issues.
Update of my review: I purchased the app more than a year ago and used is a few times. The user interface looks nice but is unusable. There was no update fixing the tons of issues with the timer. I got another (free!) egg timer now. I am not using this app any more.
On iOS 4.x the biggest problem is likely that the app does not run in the background. When your phone rings and the timer is gone. There is another problem when the timer was started. Don't press the Back button or it will reset the running timer. This happens to me twice when the timer was already started.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mirko Müller
- 17.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020 Mirko Mueller
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.